Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARB Tacoma Bumper on 4runner modification

ARB Tacoma Bumper on 4runner modification

Alright, I don't understand, I finally got my ARB bumper and now I can't find what people had to do to modify the mounts to make the Tacoma bumper work on a 3rd gen 4runner!?!?

Looks like I have to drill two holes and grind down the "lip" on the end of the frame rail? Is that right?

The mount has a big hole for a horizontal bolt, which I don't have, and I don't know how i'd get a nut in there...

Then there are 3 veritcle bolts...only 2 holes on the 4runner frame rails, so drill one there too?

Any help/pix would be appreciated!!!!!

Thanks
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

Re: ARB Tacoma Bumper on 4runner modification

you have to cut the plates that hold the bumper bracket, so the frame is open, then slip the arb bumper brackets over the frame, mark your holes. you should have 2 long bolts, those go through the frame top to bottom so you need to drill a hole strait through. if i had to do this again i would box the frame and possibly weld the brackets to the frame. its still strong with the bolts.
    trd supercharger rear elocker 4.30 gears

Thanks the reply!

Why can't you just grind down the edges of the end of the frame rails instead of cutting them off completely?

So you didn't use any horizontal bolts then I take it...

You just drilled one hole per frame rail that ran verticle in front of the 2 threaded holes on the rails right?
    1996 4x4 4Runner<br /><br />Suspension: 6&quot; Trailmaster/Fabtech Knuckles/Sonoran Steel shocks/coils. Rear LC coils/shocks<br />Offroad: 315/75/16 MTR&#39;s, ARB, M8000, E-locker, sliders, MV-50 compressor, CBI tire carrier, Cobra CB, Kragen HID&#39;s.

when you grind down that plate flush with the frame, you end up cutting it off.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

i cant remember i dont think i used the horizontal bolts. if you can weld do what i said i was gonna do, if you take it off later just fire up the sawzall.

does yours come with instructions? i can email you a copy in pdf format if you need.

on the third vertical bolt, you need to drill a hold through the frame.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Well, i've got a sawzall and I can cut... I got a big arsed drill so I can drill... (Its a 1/2" hole)...

I'll go borrow my buddies welder and weld a nut in there I guess...

OK sweet, so it looks like i need to do some modifications

For heavy winching you might consider doing the end-cap mod:
    http://www.wattora.com/index.php?page_id=13
    02 4Runner SR5.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    does yours come with instructions? i can email you a copy in pdf format if you need.

on the third vertical bolt, you need to drill a hold through the frame.
    like i said earlier.

bump for updates. what's going on with this ian? i've always wanted to see an aftermarket bumper on your rig
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast