Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how hard is it to raise the gas tank?

how hard is it to raise the gas tank?

ive got a 1 inch body lift. id like to tuck the tank up under the body that 1 inch as well. ive searched the internet on and off for a answer but haven't found it. is this simple to do or a huge under taking? the tank really took a beating this weekend.

Re: how hard is it to raise the gas tank?

you think its bad after one weekend? haha.

as for moving it up, i dont remember exactly how it attaches, but yes it is a pretty big undertaking. not many people find it worth the effort to gain 1 inch of clearance.

smash it on enough rocks and it gets less and less in the way!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Get some 1" square stock and build a spacer, run longer bolts and trim the hoses to fit. Its not hard just time consuming

older truck, But you get the idea...http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri....shtml#GasTank
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

1st gens are super easy to get 2" of gas tank lift, maybe even 2nd gens. Its remove one bracket and section 2" out of the other. That easy.

My 3rd gen has straps holding the tank. Those straps are held in with pins. I think to raise it you have to cut all that out and fab up something new.

Why not make a skid plate for it?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

ill try and snap some pictures of mine when im under there on sunday. basically the front is solid mounted to the cross member, the rear is held by a strap around the bottom and im guessing something up top. i know the cross member for the upper links would get in the way.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    ill try and snap some pictures of mine when im under there on sunday. basically the front is solid mounted to the cross member, the rear is held by a strap around the bottom and im guessing something up top. i know the cross member for the upper links would get in the way.
    cool cool . i should have my truck back soon to look myself. i hope it turns out pretty easy but it dosnt sound like it will be. im already thinking jacking the rear end up higher with springs possibly. maybe some cruizer springs. i just need a bit more clearence for Duran and i hope to go to that trail often

I feel like messing with the filler neck might be reason enough for me to not want to deal with that. Will that 1" really solve your problem?
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast