Thread: And this is how freedom dies....

And this is how freedom dies....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michae...e.html?showall

BILL PRESS: Yeah, I mean, look: They have a right to say that. They’ve got a right to express that. But, they should not be the only voices heard. So, is it time to bring back the Fairness Doctrine?

SENATOR DEBBIE STABENOW (D-MI): I think it’s absolutely time to pass a standard. Now, whether it’s called the Fairness Standard, whether it’s called something else — I absolutely think it’s time to be bringing accountability to the airwaves. I mean, our new president has talked rightly about accountability and transparency. You know, that we all have to step up and be responsible. And, I think in this case, there needs to be some accountability and standards put in place.

BILL PRESS: Can we count on you to push for some hearings in the United States Senate this year, to bring these owners in and hold them accountable?

SENATOR DEBBIE STABENOW (D-MI): I have already had some discussions with colleagues and, you know, I feel like that’s gonna happen. Yep.
    Sorry folks, but this is an outright violation of our 1st amendment. Anyone who cherishes freedom and the right to free speech should be outraged at this and publicly voice their opinion on this matter.

People like this CANNOT run this country, our duty as citizens is to prevent people like this from destroying this country.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: And this is how freedom dies....

That's pretty dumb.

Is this going to apply to the liberal news media as well? Are they going to turn more conservative? Somehow, I doubt it.

Also, there was an update on that page. It says this:
    UPDATE: A commenter points out that Stabenow is married to Tom Athans, a liberal talk radio executive.
    Sounds like there is more to it than just people becoming more "responsible".
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

If you dont want to listen to it...turn to another station. How do people not see what is going on and where we are headed?
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Because the people who push this kind of thing through, know exactly where we are headed and that is thier ultimate goal, and they have had years of training on how to make it 'sound' like a good idea to all of thier little patsy supporters, and they just blindly agree with it, and before you know it, BAM, freedom is dead.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Go to http://stabenow.senate.gov/email.cfm and write her a short letter telling her that limiting speech for any reason would have prevented organization of labor unions, jailed MLK Jr. for being seditious, and made it legal to jail war protestors for being traitors. I hate self righteous morons who try to think for me.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson