Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension lift 101

Re: Suspension lift 101

Hi Jon,
    I have no direct experience with the toytech lifts, so I will let those that do comment on their products. I have the SS System 7.1 and it works well offroad and looks good with either 265/75R16 tires (what I run) as well as 285/75R16s. It is a bit on the stiff side, especially if you do not have a front winch/bumper combination.

I can recommend the System 3 because it is basically the best of what toyota had to offer on 3rd gen 4runners. It offers a great compromise between on and offroad driving.

Personally, if I could do it all over again I would be interested in trying a modified version of my 7.1 lift. I think the rear OME 890s, Tokico shocks, extended panhard bar and new bumpstops are pretty good as-is. In the front I would like to try a stock 99 coil with a spacer, in place of the existing Tundra TRD coil. I think it would offer a better ride for those of us that do not have a bunch of weight hanging off the front end.

I think the system 3 might be the way for you to go. If you want an inch more lift later, add spacers and maybe an extended rear panhard bar.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    well im not totaly fimilier with 02 runners but the system 3.0 will be giving you basically stock shocks front and rear if your shocks are the same as my stock ones. your shocks may not be even worn out yet. double check but i think you would have the same effect if you just bought the springs hes listing.
    The SS 3.0 system are factory spec springs and shocks off a '99 4Runner, the tallest stock 3rd gen 4Runners. A 2002 is the lowest stock 3rd gen 4Runner (almost 2" lower than the '99), they were lowered in 2000 and again in 2001 to reduce the chances of a rollover.

The '99 springs will be fine for clearing 265x75r16's ('99 4Runners can clear 265's no problem), and they will have good overall ride quality. I would go with SS 3.0 system and call it a day.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox

The SS 3.0 system are factory spec springs and shocks off a '99 4Runner, the tallest stock 3rd gen 4Runners. A 2002 is the lowest stock 3rd gen 4Runner (almost 2" lower than the '99), they were lowered in 2000 and again in 2001 to reduce the chances of a rollover.

The '99 springs will be fine for clearing 265x75r16's ('99 4Runners can clear 265's no problem), and they will have good overall ride quality. I would go with SS 3.0 system and call it a day.
    the shocks are all the same through the years it was just the springs that gave us all differnt ride hights right? scooter25 actualy had some 99 stock springs he was trying to sell. you may want to see if he still has them. i hate to see you change out shocks that are still probably good only to replace them with essentially the same shocks.

As far as I know the shocks are the same on 1996-2002 4wd 4Runners. You could buy the springs by themselves and get them put on your struts you have, assuming they're still good.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

sounds like if my shocks are ok i might just wanna go with 99 springs.

which one s are they on here- http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?opt...d=71&Itemid=53

how much of a lift would i get by just getting the 99 springs?

thanks again!
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

I really like this setup (see link below). Seems to be in my budget too. I think a 2 inch lift is plenty for me. So it looks like he just did a 2 inch lift front and back. what if i wanted to add a little more of a lift to he back end?

thanks for the other posts.. all have been very helpful!
    -JON

heres is the link -

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/pics-my-0...runner-121777/

"I went with a very mild 2" suspension lift from ToyTec. I'm running 265/75 MTs. Take the info here but also call ToyTec and ask them their opinion. They are extremely helpful and can put something together that fits your need."
    - OME 906/N86C
    - Ashtray Mod!

2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

the ome 890 coils give 2.5-3 inches of lift. that would give you a little stink bug effect.

so i need these for the rear - http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
    Rear OME 890 Coils (96-02 4Run)

What about the front?

i thought your were going toytec coilovers for the front? i may actualy have some 890's for sale if i can source some LC coils (3.5-4.5 lift)

can you post the link to the toytec coilovers for the front.

these are the back correct?
    http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
    Rear OME 890 Coils (96-02 4Run)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast