Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accessory Rewire Help Needed!

Accessory Rewire Help Needed!

Hey ladies and gentlemen, after years of adding electronics to my vehicle my main battery has become a jungle of random wires and fuses that need to be cleaned up and properly wired.

I am going to be hardwiring in a inverter in the trunk. At this time I will relocate my secondary battery to the front and just leave the 0 guage for the inverter.

Basically, I just need help learning what I need to use to make the install look as clean and professional as possible as I am attempting to make my truck appear stockish on the electrical and interior side.

Here is my current situation, please hold your laughs till the end.

Main battery

Secondary battery

Attached to the main battery is the following: Warn 9.5xp winch, Alarm w/ remote start, Lightforce 170, ARB Air Compressor, CB radio, and rock lights (not currently working or installed) and secondary battery.

I have been looking into painless wiring products, because I want it to look as clean and professional as possible, and dont really mind spending a little extra coin for brand name stuff.

i was thinking i could load the CB, Lightforces, and perhaps the rock lights onto one of these.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...&SearchAll=4x4 OffRoad

and use one of these (except perhaps larger) for consolidating all the random wires.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/w...=4x4%20OffRoad

Howver, I have no idea if that is the equipment I need for what I am attempting to do. Both batteries will eventually be where the stock location is (Im going back to dual redtops)and the aftermarket alarm is coming out.

Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Re: Accessory Rewire Help Needed!

oh... and forgive the distribution block just sittin in the first picture, i got half way through the install tonight and have to pull it all out tomorrow.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I would talk to 12voltguy as he could build you exactly what you want and label it. He might not have it all on his website, but shoot him an email telling him what you want to accomplish.
    My signature

I use a blue sea fused acc. box for all my goodies. I pulled power into the cabin through the firewall and go from there.
    http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126

not a bad idea. thanks.

i want to basically create one area that is devoted to various switches so i can turn everything off and not have a parasitic drain on my charging system. plus it would make the cab look cleaner instead of having so many different switches and plugs everywhere. i like the blue sea idea, but also want a switch panel... guess i will look around, thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming.

I just ordered a fuse block from delcity.net, it should be showing up later this week.

http://www.delcity.net/store/Fuse-Panels/p_180.a_1

For wire management I like using slit loom tubing and wire ties. I don't like using crimp connections in the car since they can possibly come apart due to vibration while driving, instead I prefer to solder all connections and cover them with heat shrink tubing.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

I too use the split wire loom, zip ties and solder. I bought a bulk pack of loom on ebay years ago and am still trying to use it up. It had 200 feet of 5 or 6 different sizes. The box it came in was the size of a mini fridge. Anyways here is my Blue Sea in it's resting place.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/mezamichael82/DSC06354.jpg[/img]

It's the 6 fuse model and I'm using 5 of the 6 spots. It's velcroed to the top of the air bag computer under the stereo where the factory amp used to go. The switches for my rock lights are on the side of the console so I have a clean avenue for all the wiring and only one heavy sealed wire going through the firewall.

I re did the wiring on my Chevy a couple of years ago. One day the truck wouldn't start for no real good reason so I had a lot of trouble shooting to do. I realized I had a rasts nest of wiring so I pulled it all. It turned out it was the alarm controller that died and activated the kill start. After that I ordered a bunch of wire, fuse box, relays and loom and did it all over again. When I sold that truck the buyer was impressed which made me feel good. Only bummer is that I probably spent $150 to make it all right. Now with the 4runner I do it right the first time and it has paid off. My CB install took about 10 minutes. Mostly because I knew where I wanted it, it knew where to get power and it all looks and fits clean.

so now correct me if im wrong, with a fuse box, you basically just pretend like its your battery and connect - and + to it, then run one big ground and one big power to the battery?

Sierra Expeditions sells those fuse blocks.

Here's the 12 fuse one
    http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=550

Snag a 12 or 6er from them and order a switch panel from 12voltguy, and you would be set. That and both those companies spend a lot of time and effort to do what they can to keep our trails open.
    My signature

For the most part. I've got a power line coming in and the same size for a ground. I plug into it for constant power.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast