View Poll Results: How many years did you spend as an undergrad?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3-

1 4.76%

7 33.33%

6 28.57%

5 23.81%
  • 7+

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many years as undergrad?

How many years as undergrad?

While considering a big change in my life, to transfer schools so late in my undergrad career, I thought I would ask how many years it took you graduates to...graduate? What were the circumstances for why it took however long it did?
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Re: How many years as undergrad?

Cuz I'm lazy. Plus I liked working and riding my bike more than I did school.

when i finish (middle of my 4th year right now) it will have taken me 6. i kinda screwed around for the first 3 of those, failed alot of classes because i didnt go and didnt do the homework. lesson learned the hard way on that. this quarter im kickin butt and doing very well. plan on getting out of here by spring '11, but who knows with the budget cuts and such. might go for a minor in something too so that will undoubtedly add a bit to mine.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I had to work part time, so I generally only took between 12-14 units per semester. I changed my major three times and I took a semester off to work. 5.5 years by the time I was done and I have no regrets whatsoever. The break let me refocus on how important school was, so my grades were much better when I returned.

Way too long for me.

I took 2 years of night classes while in high school and received an AutoCAD certificate the same month I graduated high school.

I spent 2 years attending a community college full-time and getting gen ed stuff out of the way. I also worked part-time during this time period.

I spent 2 years attending the same community college part-time and getting more gen ed done. I worked full-time during this time period.

I then spent 3 years at a real college, taking 12-15 credits a semester and working about 20 hours/week.

So, all in all, it took me 9 years and a degree change to earn my certificate and B.S. degree. I also wanted to graduate debt free, so taking work breaks was kinda necessary for me.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

The average at my school was 5 years for engineering. I did it in 5.25 years.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I got my ChE in 4 years, but keep in mind that was only possible due to 2 summers of summer session.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Still going, so far its been 5 years since im outta HS and I have an AA.

Went 1st semester and did ok, 2nd I had to drop a class, 3rd I only took 2 classes, etc. I basically took between 2-3 classes rest of the time, dropped a few, changed my major once and such.

I have taken the past year off so far to work. Im sick of the daily school grind and needed time to just relax and work and pay my bills.

I estimate it will take me another 2-3 years depending on how many classes I take. I think ill pursue a career tho during this time
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

at my third school, at 4.5 years so far, looks to be 5.5 total to 6 max

where you gonna transfer to David?
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Wow, Well seeing this is kinda discouraging...Im just starting my second semester period. Only taking 1 class, math, cause were (moms payin ! ) still paying out of state tuission. I need to get on that stuff, Maybe I might take my moms advise and do some summer classes.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast