Thread: Mass deletion with ftp

Mass deletion with ftp

How do I delete folders that still have files in them via FTP? I have a bunch of things I want to delete and it's a pain to delete the individual files.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Mass deletion with ftp

Which program are you using to do your FTP'ing?

I use SmartFTP and it lets me pick more than one file to delete and takes care of the rest.
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

CuteFTP let's you delete folders or files - or folders with files in them. If they are just images or things you've uploaded, that would work for you.

Had a thought - are these things that installed on your server via a php routine? I know I cannot delete things installed via php without first changing the file ownership from apache (httpd) to my user account on the server. Check the file ownership. I'm able to change mine, but many hosts don't have this provision and you will need to have them do it.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I've been using WS ftp. I'll try that cuteftp.

These are old files from my old gallery software that I have since abandoned. I can delete files if I select them so I have that permission.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

i use smartftp too, its smaller and nice and basic
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i