Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tips for buying a vehicle that doesn't run

Re: tips for buying a vehicle that doesn't run

i swear... these people are morons.

one i was suppose to look at today neglected to mention in the ad or the 10 emails back and forth that the car is an automatic. usually something you mention in an ad, especially an ad for a car that 75% of the time is stick...

i assumed it was stick, but started having doubts when i saw a transmission dip stick poking out of the back of the engine compartment.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    He gave it away in another thread, it's an F....
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Hmmmm...... I have an idea and it ends in "at"
    Fiat?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i swear... these people are morons.

one i was suppose to look at today neglected to mention in the ad or the 10 emails back and forth that the car is an automatic. usually something you mention in an ad, especially an ad for a car that 75% of the time is stick...

i assumed it was stick, but started having doubts when i saw a transmission dip stick poking out of the back of the engine compartment.
    Explain to us why HE is the moron, when you didn't ask and incorrectly assumed something that wasn't true.

its not a fiat... lol.

he should have put that in the ad, as it is a desirable option because so few of the cars were made with it, and so few of them survive in decent condition today. every other ad where it is not specified has been a stick. kind of like, you would assume in an ad for a 1st gen 4runner that it is a non turbo, since thats something you would mention in an ad to bring more interest. i think youd be rather surprised to go look at a vehicle and find it sitting there.

my frustration was not entinly due to that particular seller. ive also come across a number of ads "car for sale. 909-555-5555." gee, thanks guys. just seems like no one tries anymore.

when i sold my honda, i put down everything you could possibly want to know about the vehicle in the poster on the window, and in the craigs ad. mainly because i didnt want to answer 100 emails asking about this or that.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I agree with you about being a good seller, but I've come to expect nothing from sellers these days. The bait and swith is alive and well, with renewed vigor thanks to craigslist.

sadly, that wasnt from a craigslist add. ive really tried avoiding it at all cost with this purchase, as im finding some NASTY cars out there that wouldnt last 5 minutes in the classified section on the fan forum of this particular car.

so far, ive pretty much exhausted the current lot of FS cars. i still check the classfieds a couple times a day, but im in no hurry to burn my cash on a POS. if it doesnt feel right, im not buying it. sadly, the best one ive seen so far is the one the guy doesnt have the title for (and the one responsible for most of my posts in this thread). so if he calls, ill likely buy that one.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456