Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Roll Bar

3rd Gen Roll Bar

The magic number for cutting the front legs down is 2"

Re: 3rd Gen Roll Bar

Looks clean man! Nice work!

very nice, is there a detailed write-up somewhere ?
    I would love to co that, but Im thinking about doing the storage drawer thing, maybe I could combine both
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Sweet! One concern though... does the front legs have plates under the carpet similar to the back? I only ask because if you do ever have a roll over (lets hope not), then the cabin will cave in and the roll bar legs will just drive thru the sheetmetal down to the tires...

Just some food for thought as reinforcing the plates by the legs and distributing the load/forces would be a good idea.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    very nice, is there a detailed write-up somewhere ?
    I would love to co that, but Im thinking about doing the storage drawer thing, maybe I could combine both
    I have considered combining both and you could I think it would be nice. No I don't have a detailed write up but I will try to make one sometime soon. I think Wabfab has some good info on his site about it also.

very nice, it wont happen till this summer, but Id love to combine the two
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Sweet! One concern though... does the front legs have plates under the carpet similar to the back? I only ask because if you do ever have a roll over (lets hope not), then the cabin will cave in and the roll bar legs will just drive thru the sheetmetal down to the tires...

Just some food for thought as reinforcing the plates by the legs and distributing the load/forces would be a good idea.
    yes it has something very similar (custom built) and really this roll bar wouldn't help a lot in a big roll but It would help some here is a small write up I posted on yotatech before this site was opened http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.p...hlight=ADH8796 the question about rolling is adressed over and over check it out.

I'll post some pics up if I combined the two before you get around to it.

This is what the Roll bar looks like as of right now with the maglite mounted and everything in the back.

Cool more 1st gen roll bars have new homes! I really like mine although I did cut just a bit too much off mine. Some day I will mount a CO2 tank bracket to it also.

Many worry that mounting the spare verticle makes it hard to see out the rear window. I do not agree:
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast