Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Roll Bar

Re: 3rd Gen Roll Bar

Here's mine, I'll get a better pic soon...it's a little different now.

Fink

If enough of us do this mod it will start to seem factory. LOL
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Ok so I have a 1st gen bar and need to know how much to cut off of it in order to get it in there.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Quote Originally Posted by ADH8796
    The magic number for cutting the front legs down is 2"
    Do you mean this number from the 1st post?
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Rockotaco needs to pic his up from my house, i have a 1rst gen bar down in my basement
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    Quote Originally Posted by ADH8796
    The magic number for cutting the front legs down is 2"
    Do you mean this number from the 1st post?
    Yeah from the rear posts. I bought this one from a yota tech guy and had him cut it into pieces to ship, no biggie just got to get off it and weld it together again. And know I will need to cut some off the rear, wasn't aware any was needed for removal on the front.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Just to clarify so we're all on the same page: the front posts are the ones that go on top of the wheel wells and the rear posts are the ones that mount just past the wheel wells towards the rear hatch.

If that's the case...you don't need to cut any off of the rear posts, just about 2" from the front posts and then re-weld the old feet back on 'em.

Good luck,

Fink

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
    Just to clarify so we're all on the same page: the front posts are the ones that go on top of the wheel wells and the rear posts are the ones that mount just past the wheel wells towards the rear hatch.

If that's the case...you don't need to cut any off of the rear posts, just about 2" from the front posts and then re-weld the old feet back on 'em.

Good luck,

Fink
    Agreed
    It really could not be any easier to do. Saws-all or hack saw the 2 forward mounting plates off through the tube, measure up 2" and mark with tape all the way around the pipe to get a good straight cut. Cut it off and then reweld on the bottom mounting plate.

You don't need to do anything at all to the rear legs.

To get it into the Runner I put the back seat down and took off the trim pieces for the seat backs/belts for extra clearance. It was very tight to get in this way but I could not find a way to get it in the back hatch.

I spent a lot of time making sure it was properly centered and as forward in the rig as I could get it to save space.

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

You got it.

It was very easy, granted Anthony(ADH8796) pretty much did it for me.

As long as you get it centered and make sure your tire will fit you're set.

Fink

Thanks for picking up my slack (fink and ecchamberlin) sorry I haven't payed much attention to this thread. Everything stated by Fink and ecchamberlin is clear cut and very spacific on what to cut and how to cut it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast