Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Roll Bar

Re: 3rd Gen Roll Bar

Ok guys quick question, I have the roll cage as stated earlier, but what do I need to do to it to accommodate my spare? I want a nice semi stock way to keep the tire anchored in position against the roll cage. I have plans on adding a 12-13 gal. AL race tank as a extended range tank in the spare spot under the vehicle as well as my air tank, but more on that when it happens. So I'm looking for what needs to be welded in place to accommodate the spare. I liked the way my dad 95 suburban hooked up. It had a cup and a threaded t handle and the anchor end was a threaded shaft that could be removed through a hole if needed.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

xc
    Mine is not mounted as well as it should be. I simply have mine ratchet strapped to the factory u bracket welded onto the bar. I think the bracket is for the lower mount of the 1st gen seat belt. Not sure though.

It has never moved at all done like this but I will be fab'in up a welded on braket with a single long threaded bolt that I can run through a lug hole on the rim and then wing nut the rim on.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Aaron
    You can build something custom kind of like what I did for 4x4Fink here are a couple of pics just to help get your thoughts going.

Or something a little more beafy like this

Sorry for the pictures that didn't come out so well I'm a pro with the camera lol

I knew somebody had done a cool deal like that. I just could not remember who. That works!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Yeah what's nice about mine is that it's fully adjustable to whatever size tire you have it fit my stock 265 when I had it and now it fit's my 305 no problems and 4x4Fink has a 285 and it works for his tire just the same no moving or anything.

Yeah, Anthony's bracket is perfect. The more beefy one is definitely the way to go, it's much more tough and holds it more securely.

You should put these into production Anthony! I guess you can have this one back for a mock-up, lol!

Fink

Yeah it's really not a hard build in my opinion. If anyone wants me to build them a carrier let me know and I'll take some time to build a few.

Yea? How much and how soon?

Thanks Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast