Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Imus makes ill remark about rutgers womens team

Don Imus makes ill remark about rutgers womens team

I just found out from my parents about what this guy said about the rutgers womens team. Called them some nappy H##S and for one I think the guy should be fired. Some other guy on his show made another comment about them being jiggaboos and wannabees. Seriously stuff like this should not be on tv even if he did apologize on his website.

If this is in the wrong section, apologize before hand

What are your thoughts?
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: Don Imus makes ill remark about rutgers womens team

personnally, I could care less what any of those big mouth radio talk hosts say.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

i dont watch this fool but things said of that sort should not just be apologized, action should be taken
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

After much thought over this issue I've decided that it's sad what has happened to Imus.

Was he an idiot for saying that, you bet.

Does he deserve to be fired? I don't think so.

I remember hearing some quote about one of the women that he was referring to and she said something on the order of, "This will scar me forever."

Now, I don't remember what exactly was said, but very similar to that. She was implying that the WORDS said by Imus will have an impact on her life 30 years from now. To which I have to say that this person is a weak human being. Words, you've got to be kidding me. 30 years from now she's still going to be emotionally distressed over some WORDS? I simply don't understand, are words that hurtful?

Stern could say the same crap and nothing would happen. It's called a double standard, and it sickens me. If you're going to hold Imus accountable, hold Stern, Chris Rock, ANY freaking rap "artist" accountable then. If those WORDS can have such an impact, then hold any person accountable that says it.

Worse yet is you have people whining about racism, well you don't get rid of racism by making a big deal about anything racist said, that only prolongs it. You get rid of racism by IGNORING it. Think of racists like the little kid who bugs his parents for a toy. If they keep acknowledging the kid, he won't stop, but if they ignore the little bugger he'll quit, realizing that his tactics are not working.

And probably the worst is that you have a massive amount of people, whom his words did not have an impact on, getting all up in arms over this and making it a 100,000x bigger deal that it is. (sorry Neil, don't mean to attack you in any manner) Sure it's human nature to feel bad for others, but there's a line between feeling bad for them, and simply caring too much.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

personally, i dont like don imus so i think he should fry.

however this morning i kinda thought differently of him. when he said he wouldn't apologized anymore except to the team, GOOD FOR HIM!!!

what i kind of hated about this is that all his sponsors just dumped him by the side of the road for fear of backlash. what he said was not right, very very not right (and ill discuss this a bit more in a minute) but im not sure he should necessarily lose his job over it. he apologized for it, there isnt much else he can do except step down, which i think shows weakness on his part.

i dont even find what he said offending. ok whatever racist comment, we hear them all day, big deal... i think its really awful of him to direct that at one person or a very specific group of people. personal attacks should not be tolerated, especially when they are racist in nature.

so should he fry or live? yesterday i would have said fry, but today i think differently. hes come under so much criticism that many other people who have insulted people in this manner havent.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

only thing i hated about this was HOW he went about apologizing like he'd hung 20 black babies or something.

what he said was pretty terrible and ignorant, but he basically begged for mercy for WORDS as oly said.

its pretty silly, but i dont like imus, so its no skin off my back if hes dumped.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

It's not an issue anymore because he just got canned!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18072804/?GT1=9246
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I can't stand the guy, but as wrong as it was to say what he said, its even more wrong that he got fired. Al Sharpton is more racist than 10 Imuses put together. He and Jesse Jackson are running with this purely out of self-promotion. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Who's next to be fired?

He got fired just like anyone who has sponsors will, when they sponsors pull out your gone.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I will say that I have never heard of Imus, so my comments have nothing to do with me liking him.

(just to set the record straight)
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast