Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Well, what the hey. I'll jump into the political forum with a global warming video. I watched the whole thing (1 hour fifteen minutes long) and thought it was quite good, even if it was a little dumbed down, and might have too many ad-hominem attacks in it...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arming+swindle
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

I'll give it a lookie, thanks!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Well, I just watched it today.

I have to say, they bring up many good points regarding the current status of global warming. There seems to be many reputable scientists that come from some pretty big backgrounds.

I must say that I do have a bias towards this movie due to my belief of global warming falling closer to this than what the "main stream" is today. That being said, I really suggest people watch it because this IS what science is, both sides have evidence and both sides make valid arguments. However, there is one side that seems to be getting swept under the rug and this film addresses it. Global warming is NOT a debate like the 9/11 attacks or creationism vs evolution, there is science mixed with politics, not about conspiracy and deeply held beliefs.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I watched the entire video this evening as well. It seems to have quite reputable scientists (with some actual credentials, not just Gore) that represent the facts accurately. The only way to let this propagate is to pass it on, so I may as well.
    1991 4Runner 4x4 5-speed, 31&#039;s, 3vze<br />1992 Lexus SC400, auto, 1UZ-FE (donor)<br />1978 Datsun 280Z (project car)

What's really frosting my cookies is that regardles of whether global warming is occuring or has legitimate science to back it up, some people (including actors and politicians) are making big money by trying to sway the public into thinking that if you're rich enough, you can just buy carbon offsets (and in companies that only promise to offset in the future no doubt!!!) while everyone else needs to actually reduce their consumption or usages. Well, that is just a bunch of hogwash, do as I say, not as I do crapola. If you want to talk the talk you gotta walk the walk too my friends. I guess my belief is in living as efficiently as possible and whether you're rich or not shouldn't matter if you truely do care about the environment.

Thanks for the video link, I'll watch it when I have time.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

It's all politics man.
    In the mean time, the third world countries in Africa can't use the natural resources that they have cause the already developed countries don't want them to cause more global warming effect.
    Instead, they tell the poor country to use expensive alternative resources that they cant' afford. Which in tern keeping them from developing as a nation.

ok...steping down from the soap box..
    I take ant-acid to offset green house gas from my 4unner.

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    .......there is science mixed with politics,.....
    ......a fatal combination.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Let it burn I'll bring the marshmellow's

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Quote Originally Posted by xcmountain80
    Let it burn I'll bring the marshmellow's

Aaron
    the marshmellow's what?

Let the truth be known......
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast