Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Quote Originally Posted by xcmountain80
    Let it burn I'll bring the marshmellow's

Aaron

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

now U got me hungry for some sweets......
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Not what I had in mind but that works.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Dang global warming, making those bunnies stick so well!
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

I see! Where the hell did you find this stuff. And now anyone reading is utterly confused, and likely not suffering from global warming but a slightly warm front in the southern hemisphere.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Those marshmellow pictures are hilarious. I love it.

As for global warming, I agree with one point here, which is the media skews this issue, and people are trying to make money off of it.

As for the science, there is no debate anymore. global warming is happening. What is unsure is the effect this phenomenon will have on the human race. So far, the Earth is warmer than any point the history we've been able to discover. However, we don't yet have all the data, nor all the history. That data is coming.

Be warned, DO NOT believe the hype you hear about on TV. It is mostly garbage.

Basically the take home message is this: try to cut down on your pollution. This doesn't mean selling your truck and becoming a hippy. This means, try to walk or ride your bike or a bus when you can, try to turn the lights off when you leave a room, try not to run the water for no reason, etc. Really, its just smart. By cutting down on these things, you save money in your monthly bills, and you do a little for the environment too.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I like yellow bunnies!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    As for the science, there is no debate anymore. global warming is happening. What is unsure is the effect this phenomenon will have on the human race.
    Perhaps it is, but is this warming MAN-MADE... And there should always be debate.

So far, the Earth is warmer than any point the history we've been able to discover. However, we don't yet have all the data, nor all the history.
    Actually, the Earth was much warmer during the "Holocene Maximum," which was but a few thousand years ago, and during many periods in prehistoric times as well...

I'm curious, how is it AGW advocates have decided the earth's current climate is the end-all-be-all optimum one, and should never change?
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    As for the science, there is no debate anymore. global warming is happening. What is unsure is the effect this phenomenon will have on the human race.
    Perhaps it is, but is this warming MAN-MADE... And there should always be debate.

So far, the Earth is warmer than any point the history we've been able to discover. However, we don't yet have all the data, nor all the history.
    Actually, the Earth was much warmer during the "Holocene Maximum," which was but a few thousand years ago, and during many periods in prehistoric times as well...

I'm curious, how is it AGW advocates have decided the earth's current climate is the end-all-be-all optimum one, and should never change?
    Ahhh, you are correct. Should have said warming, not warmer. My mistake, good catch.

There will always be debate, perhaps even good debate. But for the science, it seems to be pretty one sided towards warming. I freely admit that there is much room for error and that i haven't seen every climate scientists' work in the world. But i've seen a fair number, and they all say the same thing.

As for man made or not, i'm not sure yet. I don't think we are helping things, but this is the area where there is no consensus i've seen yet. Some scientists say our pollution is warming, others refute that and swear we are cooling the planet, though not as fast as the natural warming cycle.

Regardless of one's view on global warming, i would think we could all get together on the "pollution is bad" part though.

GLOBAL WARMING, which is my way of designating the green hysteria that has swept the nation and put all this on the map, is really just the ozone layer from the 90's. Remember that? Oh, we're all gonna die, the ozone has a hole. Its the same thing, now its just "oh were all gonna die, global warming". GLOBAL WARMING is just a wannbe hippy enviro pussy orgasm point. They get off marching around doing nothing, and protesting things.

Sorry for rambling. I didn't understand your last question, as i didn't understand "AGW"
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

axleike, AGW i think is anthropogenic global warming.

You are also spot on with your post!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast