Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruh-roh, what did oly order??? (new deck for the truck!)

Ruh-roh, what did oly order??? (new deck for the truck!)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...264980,00.html

Well, I figured it was time that I treat myself to a better stereo than the wonderful stock deck that comes with the truck. I've heard nothing but praise about this deck, and since I got it from crutchfield, I got a free back up camera with it. Should get it sometime next week, and following will be a nice writeup about the install.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Ruh-roh, what did oly order??? (new deck for the truck!)

niceeeeeee. I have an alpine cva 1000 and I love it. And since this is much newer with cooler features, I am sure you will love it too!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

ooh, finally HDD navigation units are progressing nicely, i haven't looked into them in a while. that one looks nice! and for a decent price too. looking forward to the write-up.

wawa wewa! Wow, that is nice, I wonder if that would fit in the stock location in my 4runner? Great, now one more thing to add to my list of wants/needs! Looking forward to the install pics.
    My signature

Looks veeery nice. But as far as I can see, it's not an HDD unit so you can't play CD's at the same time it's navigating.

But for the price, it's worth the trouble.

:Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by marko3xl3
    Looks veeery nice. But as far as I can see, it's not an HDD unit so you can't play CD's at the same time it's navigating.

But for the price, it's worth the trouble.
    That's right it does not have an HDD, but it does have some internal memory that allows it to store the route so you can still have nav. without the DVD in but you can't change it unless you put the DVD back in.

As for pics:

When I get it, I'll get some more pics for you guys.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

hey david, have you priced them on eBay?
    -andy

Yup, I did. Crutchfield ended up having a deal where you get a free reverse camera that normally costs $250. Plus it comes from Crutchfield, so I get a bunch of installation hardware as well as coming from an authorized dealer.

The money saved on ebay would have been around 30-50 bucks, so I figured that I'd just go through CF.

oh, heck yeah. i didn't realize the reverse camera was THAT much more...

good choice BTW from what i can tell.
    -andy

It's in!!!

The only issue, no pictures. Didn't have my camera with me when I went to install it. However, I might be having to add some more stuff to it, so now that it's all wired up, I'll get some pictures for every one to see.

Oh, and BTW, this thing rocks + 7/8ths

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast