Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruh-roh, what did oly order??? (new deck for the truck!)

Re: Ruh-roh, what did oly order??? (new deck for the truck!)

Do you feel the need for speed? or....

were you afraid to get inverted?

that is a badarse hu and good work on the install
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Hey, so dusty already?! What gives!

Looks excellent; doesn't stick out a lot and being black with no flashy buttons, looks almost OEM. If I had the money and a guarantee that it wouldn't be stolen ( it would be ) , I'd certainly look into a similar unit. I think I'd want mine with an HDD of some sort....I'm guessing the internal memory is flash based, which is good. With all the bumps and jolts offroad, I'm not sure how well a micro-drive or similar hdd with moving parts would hold up. Some of these HUs come close to being a carputer.
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Nick, you're spot on. The one down side to the flash based memory is that you do have to put in the navigation DVD to set waypoints, view POI's, and things of that nature. However I'm planning on picking up an 80GB Ipod to hold all my music, thus removing the need for me to use CD's or the like for music.

If you're on a budget this unit is great, and the reverse camera really helps out in my case (with the camper).

Oh, and it's dusty because I was camping at the time, but she's all clean now.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I hate to tell you this OLY, but the older you get the less you seem to listen to music. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

How does it handle off the pavement?

Does it have breadcrumb capabilities for trails not on the DVD database?
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Will, sorry for the long wait on the response.

It does great off the pavement, no issues as of yet and just last weekend I put 200+ miles off road.

Sadly, no breadcrumb abilities. I keep my Garmin vista for that.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Four Runner

But I will post this up for you, still get all tingly even with the video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cnc2DcYje...elated&search=
    Awesome, simply awesome!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123