Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting the Cheese

Cutting the Cheese

This project is long since over. It took a long time, just tying up loose ends these days which is no small feet with school. Anyway, this should be a fun read along game, don't jump in until the pictures are done.

So this isn’t cool. Really hard to drive.

Neither is this actually:

But this is:

Now something is missing:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://pics.montypics.com/flygtenstein/2005-09-18/1127087598_dsc00694.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://pics.montypics.com/flygtenstein/2005-09-18/1127087931_dsc00695.jpg[/img]

Where does this go?
    [img width=800 height=600]http://pics.montypics.com/flygtenstein/2005-09-11/1126487363_dsc00687.jpg[/img]
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Cutting the Cheese

Then you get well hung:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://pics.montypics.com/flygtenstein/2005-09-24/1127613464_dsc00706.jpg[/img]

Holy, holy, holy...

Smooth like my bum:

Axle 1 Build 1:

Oh no, progress!

With 33's, good shackle angle and decent clearance:

Custom rear links. Too bad.

Get rid of that crap...This actually made me tear up a little, kind of sad since it worked well:

All gone, fun grinding at night:

Dang there man, that is some tire you got...

My sweet rear end!

Link, it's what's for dinner!
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Shaft! You're damn right.

Lots of stuff missing:

My bumps, my lovely shocking lumps:

It's for the extra juice:

Naked shaft, something is going on here:

Full test stuff. Tight like a tiger:

Yes, that is a 33. Yes that is almost completely outside of the fender

Then I had a little issue with the daily driver:

Issa big ti-ah:

The place for fuel, yeah I sanded and repainted:

Ghetto rigging to get it running. I cleaned up the lines and stuck them to the frame with tapped bolts. I also ran stainless feed from the filter to the pump. I hate that stuff!

First time it drove was after this picture. Full droop on the rack, yeah!

I will spare you the crack, but I am one heck of a plumber:

And I got dumped after this pic. Lots more work got hammered out without a woman distracting me, but dang this plumbing gets old.

Simply exhausting:

Then I needed some more clearance in the rear for coilover stuff. I added wheel spacers and this is what I got:

Yup, still wide:

Then we went on a trip:

This guy had some links on a 90 Runner. Cool I guess:

Yeah bumpers and Poly Performance. I was getting so good I decided to take the front axle apart again.

Is this too big for my body?

The Sky Pitman Arm:

I had to keep checking, thought it would shrink in the cold. No luck, still big.

Bling for the homies:

So I needed to turn:

Late night testing in my friend's yard:

See, there is his house:

Important stuff thinking about adding a cooler, haven't worked it hard enough to know yet.

First trip out. Yeah.

See the little ring in the middle? This was almost exceptionally awesome:

Why linked suspensions are cool:

Is-sah berry muddy:

The whole reason to SAS:

Are you looking at my bum?

Preparing to be attacked:

Big compared to Isaac's truck, not so much compared to the Super Duty:

And a parting shot:

And a reminder to work safely:

Because stuff like this hurts:

Isaac, I did delete you post, I am almost done.

Big thanks to Slee Off Road, Front Range Off Road and Diamond Axle, Xtreme Engineering, Ben Swain and my folks for letting me live at home during the summers in college so I could make money landscaping and undertake projects like this.

Interesting facts/stats to bear in mind:
    -Two Diamond axles, mini truck based but 67" WMS to WMS
    -I built the first front, put it one, took it off, built the new front, put it on and took it off twice.
    -This project from first cut to driving reliably on road exactly a year
    -All that is still 95 Runner is body, frame and front brake calipers
    -This never got in the way of my relationships, but it did outlast one girlfriend

Still to do:
    -Bellypan
    -Gas Gauge
    -Roll Cage inside
    -Mess with rear spring rate
    -Take some nitro out of the airbumps

Things I would like to do:
    -Bigger fuel cell
    -Punch the coilovers into the body and run 14's or 16's.

Still no hard wheeling on it, but that will change this summer. I have someone on my case who will look a lot better driving this than me. Early trail impressions are highly satisfactory.

Great build thread, Cheeseburger!

We need to wheel again together, with each of our trucks. Can't wait to see that bad motha' back in action again. No more pigeon toed front! (< I love using that thing!)
    1998 4runner<br />2005 Corolla S - Daily Driver

Eh, it was a pretty worthless post anyway.

Glad you finally got a thread done.

I'll just add this: as with all things, pictures don't do it justice. For those who haven't figured it out, this is how you properly SAS a truck. No more weak parts here, this is truly above and beyond what IFS can ever be built do.

Attention to details such as cromo everything, and selectable lockers, plus some of the best components on the market for minitruck builds.

Hats off to you sir.

If you feel like wheeling easy stuff, look me up, otherwise i'll look forward to your trail reports.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

No, that post was hilarious. That is a hat my bro sent my a couple months ago. It was a hot day, too hot for a beanie, but my hair was out of control.

You are welcome to hang, it will be a while.

Casey, things need to gather again. I am hoping for AZ over Christmas. School is a lot harder on me than I expected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast