Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Question

Re: Camera Question

Cool.
    That helps alot. Thank you.
    That set up above in my last post cost about $140. so i think i might get that this weekend.
    The A1 Engraved they said was a pro based camera, i think it had more stuff to adjust than the AE-1, they had both for about the same cost. Which one is the it?

The motor part you where talking about is that the piece that can be added to the bottom of the camera body?
    there where a few different motor add ons avail. I thought it was just to advance the film manually and was going to deal with it later. Didn't know they had Auto focus lens for cameras that old I'll have to look for them.

Definitely going old school analog, for what it would be used for and what not can see myself spending 500-600 on a camera. My luck i would just end up breaking it.

Will definitely be back around with a boat load of questions on things after i make my way thru "Cameras for dummies".
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Great advice from Sonny. I have an AE-1 and an ElanII, both of them are excellent cameras. The AE-1 being an older generation is a little more simplified, and very easy to use. If you can find one in good shape, I'd jump on it. Should be really easy to find cheap lenses for it. If you're interested in an ElanII, also a kickass camera, with way more features (can be totally manual, totally auto or in between) let me know...I've been considering selling it to help with the purchase of a Mamiya 645 medium format. I hate to do it, but since the purchase of the 30D it hasn't been out of the case.
    Julie aka Jules, Ju, Ruby<br />95 Runner SR5 22re 5spd stock till next year--saving my pennies like a good little girl&nbsp;

if you decide to go with film, go with a newer canon film so that the camera will use EF lenses instead of the FD like the AE1 uses. Digital also use EF lenses so you can interchange between film and digital.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Canon Auto Focus
    10QD BLACK (INTERNATIONAL 10S WITH DATE) 35MM SLR AUTO FOCUS CAMERA BODY
    |
    Grade Now Was
    EX $45.00

Canon Auto Focus
    50 F1.8 II (52) 35MM SLR AUTO FOCUS STANDARD ANGLE LENS
    |
    Grade Now Was
    NEW $73.95

So i was flipping thru the website Oly posted in the photography thread. And got this stuff on order. From what i can find seems to be a good body. They have a guarantee. I got the starter lens that was posted earlier. So know i just need to figure out how to use the thing. Got the book for the camera so that will help. Anyone have a copy of photography for dummies?

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Got the camera today.

but of course i didn't think to look into the fact it might need batteries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12