Thread: Gun guys- looking for some one that can put an inlay into a grip

Gun guys- looking for some one that can put an inlay into a grip

I have a pair of mother of pearl grips that I want to have a nickel inlay-ed (sp?) in to for my 1911. I don't know anyone locally, and it is too important for me to give it a try. So if someone here can or knows somebody let me know.
    1 3 5<br />|-|-|<br />2 4 R<br /><br />http://sr5-4runner.com

Re: Gun guys- looking for some one that can put an inlay into a grip

If those grips are true Mother of Pearl, I would just look for another set of imitation grips with the nickel inlay in them that you are looking for. I would be afraid to damage the real pearls. you might also try www.fist-inc.com and go to the other sites page and look up the gun guy and see if someone there has what you are looking for. There is a lot of different web sites there you might findsomeone there. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Re: Gun guys- looking for some one that can put an inlay into a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    If those grips are true Mother of Pearl, I would just look for another set of imitation grips with the nickel inlay in them that you are looking for. I would be afraid to damage the real pearls. you might also try www.fist-inc.com and go to the other sites page and look up the gun guy and see if someone there has what you are looking for. There is a lot of different web sites there you might findsomeone there. TJ
    Good call,
    I got some imitation ones, i tired it myself and it came out okay. I want some more professional looking ones.
    1 3 5<br />|-|-|<br />2 4 R<br /><br />http://sr5-4runner.com