Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug- Pressing "quote" button on a post...

Bug- Pressing "quote" button on a post...

So I seems to have run into a bug.

When I'm posting a reply using the "quote" button on a post, my top "menu" bar changes to what I see when I'm in my user profile, and I lose the useful (home, search, forum index, sponsoring vendors, channels, contact us) menu. The only way to get the top of my screen to reset is to go back to the home page, and navigate back into the forums. Attachments 1 & 2 show the two screen shots of what I'm talking about.

Just documenting the bug, so it can be fixed eventually
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Re: Bug- Pressing "quote" button on a post...

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox

When I'm posting a reply using the "quote" button on a post, my top "menu" bar changes to what I see when I'm in my user profile, and I lose the useful (home, search, forum index, sponsoring vendors, channels, contact us) menu. The only way to get the top of my screen to reset is to go back to the home page, and navigate back into the forums. Attachments 1 & 2 show the two screen shots of what I'm talking about.

idk it doesnt change for me....
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer

idk it doesnt change for me....
    Me either......
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

This is what shows up when I press "quote" on Tofer's post just above this one... Could this be a setting in my profile?
    Brian
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

And now after pressing "quote" on Tofer's post the top of my page looks like this:
    Brian

Very strange brian...very strange....
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

when i hit quote it just shows up in teh quick reply box..... i dont get the "advance options" page....
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

I made it in my options so the quick-reply is disabled. I prefer the advanced options screen.
    Brian

That would be my guess as to why you are getting the different screen.

I made it in my options so the quick-quote is disabled. I prefer the advanced options screen.
    I can't duplicate your problem. Tried disabling the Quick Reply box, but mine loads just fine. It appears that your error result is from loading the "unwrapped" forum page. The URL while int he forum should be something like this:

ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=...

But yours is likely:

ultimateyota.com/smf/index.php?...

What browser are you using? Have you cleared your cache lately?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast