Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mechanics Gloves

Re: Mechanics Gloves

ive had mine for 3 years, but only in the last 6 months have i really started to wear through. and when i say i need new ones, i mean theres no back of the hand left and several of the finger tips are worn through.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

LOL I have a pair of pale green garden gloves with flowers on them that i wear when working on stuff.....They are pretty much rags now but they are the only gloves i can find that fit my hands. Darn small girl hands.......

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorickaty80
    LOL I have a pair of pale green garden gloves with flowers on them that i wear when working on stuff.....They are pretty much rags now but they are the only gloves i can find that fit my hands. Darn small girl hands.......
    Katy, order a box of these!
    http://www.professionalequipment.com...itrile-gloves/

I've used them myself and they work great.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

dang.....i might just have to do that!

I can't get more than a few sessions out of a set. I buy the cheapest ones possible. About 19 or 20.

I too wear the nitrile when dealing in grease or oil.

I have a nice set of impact gloves for wheeling and driving.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I pretty much only wear gloves when its to hot to hold or too sharp.

Ever since i first picked up a crescent wrench to take the coaster brakes out of my bike i have just went at it bare handed.

Even in the Navy Greasing the train gear on my mounts using peanut butter grease i wouldn't even clean my hands before taking a big ol dip.
    Course i don't even want to see what my insides look like but then again not may of you have survived on Navy food either.

Use to use PD680 (dry cleaning solvent for those not in the know) to clean off my hands, and then that natural citrus stuff we used in San Diego.

I have put my hand into a flex fan setting the timing on a Blazer, wrapped a rag and kept going for a half hour till i decided i bleed enough, then took an hour to get to the ER. Needed a soda and some cigarettes first. So i guess a glove might have made it so i only had to get 2 stitches instead of 5. But i still shot 3 off perfect on the M14 the next day with just two fingers on my right hand.

I have used the Mechanix gloves, felt pretty good. Just gets to hot sometimes, and just to save me from a cut is not worth it, only time a bad job job will go good is if blood is drawn. (yep i pretty superstitious, and crazy like that).

They use to advise us to use the disposable gloves in San Diego, but i would just trash them in like minutes tearing apart the gun for the CIWS system, so i wouldn't bother.
    Made it way to hard to lock wire that thing with them on.

I'm all for a good soap and a nice stiff brush. If some one knows of or find a good glove that's not to hot and feels like its not there make sure you post it up.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Latex gloves when doing nasty stuff and the fast fit mechanics for the other stuff. Most times I wear nothing, it shows b/c my hands are covered in grease/oil alot..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    If some one knows of or find a good glove that's not to hot and feels like its not there make sure you post it up.
    Reggie, you should try a product like this if you don't like having an actual glove on:
    http://www.liquidgloves.net/

Then if you need more protection, you just apply another layer, very simple.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I wish I had them in front of me, so I could tell you the brand, but I just went to Home Depot and tried on all the gloves. One of the cheaper brands actually felt a lot better to me than Mechanix, so I went with the cheaper set. I've been using them for 5-6 months now and love them. So although I don't have the brand, my advice is like others.. go try them all on.

no glove-no (no matter how clean they 'look')

latex or nitrile (whatever i have handy) or bare hands. i tend to get too greasy for non-disposible gloves
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast