Thread: The attack on our civil liberties is only going to get worse, HR 45

The attack on our civil liberties is only going to get worse, HR 45

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

No need to explain, gun control is on the horizon, and given the political climate, only a complete dumbass would try to pass this, because I'm not going to sit idly by and let them take away our rights.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: The attack on our civil liberties is only going to get worse, HR 45

I've seen this bill being tossed around for a few years now and I'm very skeptical if it passes. It's really going to be an uphill battle to get this one passed. As much as I don't like seeing the HR45 I doubt it'll happen.

I could be wrong.... doh!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Okay, I tried reading this a little and had a hard time understanding it, hell I had a hard time finding where it stated what it was.

Can someone explain it in layman's terms?
    My signature

This will require that arms are licensed and a record of sale is implemented. This will eventually eliminate the private sale and purchase of firearms.

Did the room just get smaller?
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

i strongly believe that if they ever tried to implement this that all hell would break loose... the people wont sit idly by while our rights are being trampled, atleasts not the ones that think for themselves and like to work for their money instead of having the goverment give them everything they need to survive.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

...I didn't think the 93 assault weapons ban would pass constitutional muster, but we did get it and it wasn't challenged. I won't rest until all of these bills are soudly defeated for years and years. The fact is, there are infringements on the 2nd amendment that stand today because no one with power has the fortitude to challenge it. The composition of the SCOTUS is too frail in favor of testicle licking liberals to reliably predict a decision in favor of the original intent of the 2nd amndt.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    i strongly believe that if they ever tried to implement this that all hell would break loose... the people wont sit idly by while our rights are being trampled, atleasts not the ones that think for themselves and like to work for their money instead of having the goverment give them everything they need to survive.
    You would think so but many are just all talk and no walk dude. Oh yea they bitch, whine ad complain about it, but when it happens they sit idle and do nothing.

If it happens:
    1. People put the guns away and hide them
    2. People turn them in or register them
    3. UNLIKELY-people take to arms.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

EVERYONE says "they aren't going to take my guns" but the sad truth, there are very few people who are truly "down to ride" as the saying goes.

Think there was some stink, but whats his name mayor of New Orleans took those peoples guns and wasn't going to give them back until the citzens finally raised enough stink, but it took them awhile, and thats the reality, most people will just curl under the "authority" of the government.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE