Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help me wire my CB

Re: Help me wire my CB

try a ferrite choke on your coax or power/ground wires - you can get these at Radioshack for a couple bucks and they just snap over the wire - these are what the 'bulges' are in USB/computer cables and are used to cut down on interference from outside sources, like a filter of sorts

from RadioShack
    Effective, easy-to-use RFI fighter.
    Cut down on RFI (radio frequency interference) with this snap-together Ferrite Choke Core. Simply snap it over any coax cable, AC or audio cord.
    Easy to use RF interference fighter
    Just snap over cable or cord
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Well I cut the ground shorter, this eliminated the high rpm noise I was getting I think. However the blower motor still is there, could be the spot inside the dash I ground to, could just be the cb antenna (doubt it).

Most likely I figure according to what I read is its alternator noise. This is b/c when you turn the blower motor to the 2 highest settings you get a whine with the squelch turned all the way down, turn it a few notches you pick up nothing.

Since I almost never use the a/c or the fan on high anyways and I can turn the squelch down I dont think this is a big issue. If anything the noise I am hearing could possibly be b/c the ground inside the dash is very close to the blower motor and resistors for it among other connections like the radio, ignition, etc.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Err, So either im just completely wrong, Or something is messed up...Power hooked directly to battery, Ground hooked directly to battery. truck on. Radio button in on position. Inline fuse good. Radio wont turn on.....? Any thoughts...
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Ok, So back to my original question, Do we have positive or negative grounding systems...?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Its a negative ground.

double check all your connections. A CB is very easy to hook up dude.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

thers not much else...as long as the fuse measures good and looks fine then its broken. bring it with you tomorrow. i dought i can do anything other then say "yut, its broke" but ill check it out if you want. no sence opening it up and diging around inside though since im sure its under warrenty

the truck is negatively grounded. meaning any piece of metal in the truck is electrically and physically connected to the battery's negative (-) terminal

Ok, Well I ran outside and I did double check my connections, I dont see anywhere I messed up. As much as I hate wiring ive wired stereo systems before so this is the least of my worries...but umm, this is lame...

The inline fuse is probably no good.

Easy way to check this: if you have a spare battery for anything 12v like a lawnmower or even a jumpbox. Hook the wires to that and turn on and see.

But im betting the inline fuse is bad, not properly connecting or your CB is DOA
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

SLIDERS SLIDERS !! lol, Ill be leaving soon

hah, well I guess we all have one of those moments where a burnt fuse doesnt look like a burnt fuse...umm...yeah, ITS ALIVE ...anyway, I think ill try picking up swr meter this friday before heading to ocotillo...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast