Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: welding carts---why the rearward tilt?

welding carts---why the rearward tilt?

I got some bed frame material for pretty cheap and I'm going to spend a little time researching and drawing out my weld cart before building. One question that has perplexed me: why do so many weld cart designs have the welder on a rearward tilt?

Bob

Re: weld carts---why the rearward tilt?

I suspect that's so it doesn't fall off - in actuality, those things are so heavy that they'd never just slip off.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Typically the dials/controls are on the front and they are easier to see/adjust on the fly if the cart is titled rearward.

Yeah, so you can see the dials easier.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Aha! I was right.

Can't wait to see your cart with tilt table technology.

My signature

But Bob's so short he doesn't need to tilt it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    But Bob's so short he doesn't need to tilt it.

Haha, that's why he's making it so it can tilt forward and rearward.
    My signature

On Monday, when I get to my work computer, I'll post up some cart pictures. I've been wanting to build one but the materials are hard to come by cheap. I was going to scavenge an old metal shopping cart and make one out of that but haven't gotten around to it.

I think my final design will be a small welding table/cart. Small because a nice thick surface in any big size is expensive. My plan is to build it short enough I can weld while sitting on the stool I have in the garage. This height will be just right so I can roll it under my work bench when not in use. The welder and my milk crate of welding stuff will store under the top.

Anyways, I find pictures during the day at work and save them.

mike,

great idea re small enough to roll under a work bench. like you, i do my welding sitting down w/ the work piece on the ground as i dont have a welding table. also, most of my welding last year was on my back when i was repairing the biodiesel benz's floor.

problem for me though, is that i have a tall bottle. i may just get a smaller one to make your idea work.

yeah, definitely post up some pics. i have a bunch of them on my computer now, but more ideas would be nice

bob

Steve

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast