Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: welding carts---why the rearward tilt?

Re: weld carts---why the rearward tilt?

You guys have no MacGyver in ya or something? I practically steal bed frames whenever I find one, people throw the things out like mad. Use them for anything you can think of and the steel is STRONG and THICK!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

scuba,

believe me, this did not start out this way. there was a lot of trial and error. i'll post up dimensions later. im actually forcing myself to learn google sketchup b/c i think if i drew it out better, i probably would've caught my errors, namely, making it too tippy w/ the wheels right underneath.

this was definitely a fun project. i could make the same one in about 1/2 the time now. i still have left over material too. i am going to make a battery box out of one when I get a moment.

Where/ what did the back wheels come off of ?

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

looks like a lawn mower?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

scuba,

from HF, part # 98950. brand is "Haul Master", 6" Semi-solid wheel. i just eyeballed what i thought would be adequate for my cart and it looks alright. fyi: there's nothing fancy I did when I attached the axle (so to speak) to the cart. all i did was position it squarely on the bottom side, made my marks, grinded the metal for a nice bare welding surface, and then welded the axle to the bottom side on both sides of the 1/2" solid rod. i've seen alot of designs where people drilled a hole through the cart, but i thought "why go through all the effort?"

bob

*Non pneumatic tires, little wider axle width w/ better bracing for the weight, and a second level below for the helmet/etc and tube sections for the hammer and brush to sit in...coolest school shop project I ever did! I wish I had a pic of it somewhere...thing was stolen from the shop this year. Thing could be dragged wherever and actually was used for a couple trips through Dusy so we could just strap it down in the back then wheel it over to whoever needed it.

Ah the garden cart, works well as you found out.

YOu can nab them online for cheap
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

i was really overthinking this one. I've seen most carts have u-shaped hooks as cable holders. Since I welded on the bed frame tabs, I wanted to utilize them. I found a piece of scrap that i cut out of one side of the bed frame that I was going to throw out, but lo and behold, it got used. I just simply cut it in half, cleaned the metal, and welded them on. They work just fine and not to mention, keep the cables up front!

Regarding pneumatic tires, I decided against it b/c I dont want anything tipping over b/c of a puncture. All it takes is rolling over a hot and/or sharp piece of metal and there goes your tire(s).

Bob

I didn't need a stink'n welder cart, my weler is a cart.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    scuba,

from HF, part # 98950. brand is "Haul Master",. i've seen alot of designs where people drilled a hole through the cart, but i thought "why go through all the effort?"

bob

Thank You, And yes that would be rediculous to dill through...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast