Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headunit issues

Headunit issues

I bought my t100 with a aftermarket pioneer HU. Model DEH 400H iirc, this things old but I like it since its simple, no one wil steal it its so old and pretty solid unlike the newer ones the buttons I can actually push (I hate remotes) the thing works great besides it cutting out for some reason. When you have it cranked past level 22 or so and on for a bit all of the sudden it will just kill the music and a loud whining replaces it. Turn the unit off for a sec and back on and its fine. Listen to it with lower volume its fine. Radio or CD it doesnt matter it cuts out.

Im not sure if there is a loose connection somewhere, checked all my connections right by the unit and they seem fine. I recrimped them all, but it still happens, the unit hooks right into the stock harness so no other wiring. I did remove what I think was an itty bitty amp thinking that was it (it was connected by one wire and im assuming went somehow to the old stock unit.

A friend suggested perhaps the amp was burning out and I did notice the unit will flicker sometimes when its really cranked. I also replaced the stock speakers with aftermarkets and used the stock wiring (thinking they were blown out or something) and it didnt matter.

Here is a pic, I doubt you will EVER see another one of these around. [img width=800 height=600]http://www.jojosplace.net//cjm/lws1/radio%20002.gif[/img]
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: Headunit issues

A few thoughts:

Could the speaker wiring not be sufficient for the output?

Could the hot wire for the HU not be sufficient (my guess so far)

Could the HU just be shot?

probably the amplifier circuits going bad. i think its just time for a new one. sorry buddy, i know how hard it is to get rid of something like that, the new ones will irritate you for a while, but youll get used to it.

insufficient wire size wouldnt cause it to stop playing music.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yea I figured as much, dang it.

I have a no name one that came out of my taco, It has sony somewhere on the bottom tag but its not a sony name brand.
    Buttons you can actually push, yet, it does have a remote to go along..lolz.
    But in all seriousness id be willing to let it go cheap, Let me know if your intrested...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Pics?

At your request...

Its got the snazzy head phone connector for ipods and such..

Sorry for these next crappy pics, But top left you can see the logo for the no name brand...

Again sorry, But bottom left you can kinda make out the "Sony Corporation"

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Ill think about it, moneys a bit tight these days anyways. Not like your gonna get rid of it soon right?

Nope,
    I just decided on 35 shipped. ( doesnt sound bad does it..? )
    Ill let you get first dibbs... Just let me know.
    And yes, I understand money is tight...No worries..

Not today for the HU, maybe in due time if you dont get rid of it. Right now I got some other stuff to take care of, I really appreciate the offer btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast