Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Owners: Questions

Re: Gun Owners: Questions

both our Ruger mini 14 and our Remington 870 are legal.

its honestly not worth going to jail for something like an over sized mag.

this is in cali too, most strict gun laws.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

so, looks like so far, the only illegal (or potentially illegal) stuff is mags..

Thats pretty good, keep em coming.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

things like muzzle breaks are sometimes called flash suppressors and flash suppressors advertised as muzzle breaks. flash suppressors are illegal in CA, but muzzle breaks are not. if you can find a flash suppressor advertised and packaged as a muzzle break, then it is legal, as long as you present the evidence of this if ever questioned.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I currently own no guns but I used to have a whole bunch of "hunting" guns...shotguns and such. Just too dangerous at home with small children...but they are getting older so we will start learning about guns very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    so, looks like so far, the only illegal (or potentially illegal) stuff is mags..
    That's probably because

1) Law abiding citizens would either turn in or sell a firearm that will become illegal

2) Nobody here will admit on a public forum that they own something illegal.

So I think the results are a little skewed.

Also, look at things like Tom's AR that he's getting. In CA the old AR's are now illegal to buy, but because of minor changes to get around the law the new ones are not illegal to buy. Technicalities make it legal but it's basically the same gun.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Ahh, yes, hadn't thought about that...good point. Oh well, it was worth a try.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

i own nothing illegal or questionable nor likely to be in the near future.

however a friend in the mountains is stocked and
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Full automatics, are a highly restricted weapon and what I am talking here are machine guns, some states do allow you to own them but you have to have proper paper work for them, also silencers, or cans for weapons are mostly illegal. I don't know if in the future it also could consider some types of ammo. ie hollow points. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Wisdom dictates that I remain vague. I'm not breaking any laws...

I own more guns than Mrs. Fuster wants me to and fewer than I want.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

your wife allows you to have guns???? She doesn't know you very well does she....lol TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12