Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNN gun control poll

Re: CNN gun control poll

I don't look at cnn. I saw this poll posted on another website and see it as my duty to show the liberal cnn readers that firearms owners are not a minority.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I'm with Seanzorz. Get news from wherever you can find it, but take nothing at face value. Does anyone believe it when a salesman, not a technician, tells you that the "XXXXX" needs to be replaced? Is a news source any different?
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Would banning alcohol be a fair approach to drunk driving?

Would banning "just" liquor be a fair approach?

Or would banning "just" beer be a fair approach?

Controlling guns only controls the law abiding. Last I checked, none of the gun laws we already had (specifically "gun free zones") have been sufficient in preventing mass murders.

One could argue that preventing the sales of a certain type of firearm (eg. AR-15, AK-47, et al.) would 'reduce the amount on the street'

however, that is a faulty argument in that it assumes that the ONLY source of said weapons are from within the country. Remember basic economics folks, where demand increases (illegal weapons) supply will always increase. The amount of guns that cross the boarder will increase dramatically.

But, let's now say that banning a certain type of gun WILL reduce the amount of gun related crimes, I must then ask the question, what if the person is wielding a knife? Do we apply the same scenario to knives now? What if it is just heavy rocks?

What if *I* want to be responsible for protecting myself and my family? Do I now need to forfeit some of the basic rights that are given to EVERY individual to appease some one with a grudge against a tool?

More later...
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12