Thread: Landcruiser rims on, painted

Landcruiser rims on, painted

Got myself a set of Landcruiser rims in Atlanta this weekend and had a little urban chaos in Blake's truck en route to installing them, but all in all everything worked out okay. I could only hold off 48 hours before the paint job, ended up going with Duplicolor's wheel paint in graphite. I spent the majority of my time in prep work and man was it worth it. I learned from my mistakes on the first wheel so next week I'll probably rectify that. Happy to join the 16x8 club again its been a while.

final product

<br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Re: Landcruiser rims on, painted

looks good, they match your lower rocker panels fairly well. Is that primered in the 2nd pic?

Only thing I would have done differently is to take off the weights and have them rebalanced with sticky weights . . . . I can hear the arguments against sticky weights already, but I've never had problems with them coming off (the rim NEEDS to be cleaned where the weight sticks on, when the weights come off, it's usually becasue the rim wasn't cleaned well enough)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Holy Baller, They look good on that thing...

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Thanks, and trust me you're not the first to point out the weights. The next time I'll deal with those coming off I'll be getting new tires, at that point I'll be sandblasting the rims and having them powdercoated, so it's good for me right now. Plus the sticky weights just don't provide as accurate balance as the outer mounts when it comes to bigger, more aggressive tires and balance is my #1 concern right now
    <br /><br />
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Sorry for the OT - you've had those tires for some time now - how have they been so far. Are they noisy?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

They have actually been great on the road. Its funny you ask that now because I have the steering wheel shakes, but that's only because of changing rims I'm changing the tire's curvature of wear that was a result of being on the 7". After a few more hundred miles they'll be smooth again.

As for off the road, they've been spectacular, put them over rocks hill climbs lake crossings and deep south gumbo and they've done they're job. I'd give them a B- in the snow i wasn't too impressed, though I'd like another run with the 8" and see if I'm gaining any more traction
    <br /><br />

Sticky weights arent that great.

When I swapped to some revos and some mickey thompsons on my T100 I added 2 ounces or better to each tire. They balanced but man thats alot of weight, no problems with it tho. None came off b/c I brake cleaned and such the area that they were going on.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Looks almost as good as mine....

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Touche, but for a total of $170 and 10 hours of my time I couldn't go wrong....oh, and my 5 spokes sold for 225 3 days after they were up, where are you on that one?

Nice addition though for real, I wish I could have scored the lx rims, did get the Lexus center caps though haha
    <br /><br />

Well you got me beat on the 5 spokes as I'm still stuck with 9 and the wife is looking at me like uh huh. I got the 4 lx450 wheels with centers for $150 painted for ....about $30 and a free lc rim as a spare. While I wish my 5 spokes would move... both sets I might have to drop the price.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.