Thread: tune up (with pictures)

tune up (with pictures)

so my dad gave me his '94 yota 4x4 with the 3.0 in it. it's the truck i learned to drive on, so it's kinda sentemental. well, i drove it from north carolina to georgia. i noticed it had a slight miss fire at idle, so i decided to do a general tune up. what i found shocked me, i'm surprised it made the trip. these trucks are pretty tough, or i'm real lucky! sorry for the bad quality, they're from my phone. most of the spark plugs were caked with white carbon i guess is what it was. the origional cap and rotor button were almost wore completly out. and, the k&n filter i put in 10 years ago has not been touched since!!! i broke one of the plug wires during the install, so now i need to replace those as well. then on the last plug i went to do, went to pull the wire off, it wasn't even connected!! the porcelin part of the plug had broke in two, the truck was only running on 5 cylinders. i think the truck may run a little better after this!!!!

Re: tune up (with pictures)

Wow, you definately know the money is well-spent on the tune up!

I loved my '94 SR5 V6. Still the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

my dad gave me his '94 yota
    If he gave it to you because it didn't run like it used to I'd wait awhile until you tell him about the tune up. He'd probably want it back now that it runs right.

he got a new truck from his new job, so he was going to donate it for a tax right off. i said f that, give it to me! i cheaped out and bought a $20 set of wires from pep boys....taking those worthless things back and i'm going to invest in a good set now. what are some signs of head gaskets going on these things? do they burn coolant if the head gaskets go?

That, And coolant in the oil.

Search over at YotaTech.com and you'll find plenty about the older rigs and 3vze's popping off..lol..

Nice work though !
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

you might have already had the head gaskets done

check with a dealership with your vin number, there was a recall on them years ago

some people have good 3.0s.... some suck.....