Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthing a baby

Re: Birthing a baby

I'll see. They are kind of old school hippy ladies although they love their techy gadgets. From the Nikon D300, Mac computer, i phone, bluetooth, etc.

I guess I would have to alter this thread just in case they come on.

Yeah, we had midwives for both ours. If you get the chance, have them give you a quick science lesson on the placenta complete with closeups. Once of the coolest things I've ever seen.
    My signature

Placenta...there's a word I never expected to see on ultimateyota.

I've got an awesome pic of one too!
    My signature

my ex's mother is a midwife, that was normal dinner talk at her house. hahaha. for me its like hearing journal bearing.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Yeah, we had midwives for both ours. If you get the chance, have them give you a quick science lesson on the placenta complete with closeups. Once of the coolest things I've ever seen.
    Oh we've already been through that, a couple of times. One of the MW is a photograher so there are some pictures. We have also taken their birthing classes which are quite informative. My wife wants to bury the placenta in the backyard. I guess it's good luck and all. I told her fine but if I wake up in the middle of the night in a few nights and find raccoons digging it up I get to shoot them.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Oooff. I'll try to snap one. I don't think she'll like it though. Do you want a pic of the placenta also?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Oh we've already been through that, a couple of times. One of the MW is a photograher so there are some pictures. We have also taken their birthing classes which are quite informative. My wife wants to bury the placenta in the backyard. I guess it's good luck and all. I told her fine but if I wake up in the middle of the night in a few nights and find raccoons digging it up I get to shoot them.
    No, I meant a lesson with your little one's actual placenta while they are turning it inside out and explaining everything. It really is so cool. Looks like a big veiny tritip
    My signature

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast