Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article in the local paper on open carry in california

Re: Article in the local paper on open carry in california

FWIW: If ya met me aside from my "northern hick accent" i fit right in, maybe yankee by birth but confederate by choice.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    I highly doubt places like Vermont, Idaho, Texas, Kentucky, etc will follow suit with CA..

Other more liberal states, maybe..
    If you believe that, you're in a world of denial. I've found that other people here in AZ think the same way.

With every generation there are fewer and fewer kids who grow up with guns. I think within 50-100 years the laws will be so stifling that nobody will have a gun in their house, or the constitution will be changed eliminate the 2nd amendment.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

^ Quite possibly so

I think it depends on the area too, more blue collar tbh more guns-more white collar less people packing.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    Honestly some may not like what I am about to say, but bear with me:

If you like living free and not being restricted-the last place to ever think of let alone move to is cali.

Really sad b/c its quite a wonderfull state otherwise in many ways. But corrupt politics, bad laws and illegal immigrants it has plenty of.
    The problem this logic is that CA is known for being the test case state across the country. Whatever CA passes it usually trickles through to other states. DC's restriction on handguns are a direct copy of CA's rulebook (afaik). Other stuff like CARB laws (EPA related) are direct from CA. I'm sure there are other stuff that originated in CA.

People across the country don't realize that we are the testing grounds for everything and whenever these "retarded" laws are passed it usually means it'll be up in your neck of the woods soon. So the bottom line is that everyone across the country should be very vigil about any laws that impact the residents of CA because those laws impacting CA residents can soon become a reality in your state of residence.
    That is VERY true to say the least...
    ...Wheeling since 1989...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12