Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Mans Welding Kart

Poor Mans Welding Kart

Well the Creeper was good for a day and all..So here's my solution, Nothing special, And its a work in progress..

The other day I picked up some 1x2x3/16ths and some 1/4 angle iron just to practice my beads on..
    Then I got the Idea to make a welding cart with it...
    Heres what im starting with...

Got the main body welded up, my camera sucks and I forgot how much I love welding weird angles.. So no bead pron

Thats it for tonight.

tomorrow Ill have the some angle iron on the sides so its more secure

I need more rectangle stock, And some thinner angle iron, not to mention some thin stuff for a shelf under this thing..

Im thinking itll have 16" legs. Other then that im going with the flow..

Let the comments fly peeps.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Poor Mans Welding Kart

stop screwing around with welder carts and make me a skid/belly plate.

Holy smokes
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Holy smokes
    No kidding. Flux core?

Where are the wierd angles? Are you welding in the garage? For the sake of all those involved you may want to move out to the driveway.

haha, Im guessing you 2 dont like...
    lolz.

Yes, Flux cored, it came with it so its what im using for now, I know I know, LOTS OF SLAG.

As for the WEIRD angles, Well they arent so much weird, just angles, and they are on the underside on the front mian tube that connects to the 2 tubes going back
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

just kidding, you gotta start somewhere

We need closeups of your welds so we can nitpick some more...
    --- Gary

Your nozzle angle is wrong and the settings are wrong. I have seen many beautiful welds from that machine. Keep up on the practice.

can't call it a "cart" without wheels. get some cheapo casters from HF and get it rolling. to get a better weld, clean the work piece well first, grind off the iron-oxide first no matter how good a welder you are. don't be shy with a hand wire brush, clean the flux residue after evey pass.

there should be a cheat sheet inside inside the flip door, read it, it couldn't be any easier.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Close off the open ends and grind down all the welds and it'll look a lot better.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast