I figure I'll start sharing some of our post set-up dinner recipes. I know after driving and setting up camp one of the things I despise most is having to throw together a meal the first night, I'd rather take along a precooked deal to warm up so we can enjoy a nice walk or bike ride around to check out the place we're staying at. Nothing like an easily set-up dinner and time to enjoy the open outdoors and relax and let the stress of daily life fade away...aaaahhhhh...

First one is a bit of a time deal for a precook, but something I've always loved when family has it, I just decided to throw a little Latin twist in it! Enjoy!

Pound-1/2 (or pound's fine) of beef (or ground turkey/whatever)
Small Can of Chile Verde (usually white label, maybe 8oz type if I remember correctly)
Bag of Elbow Macaroni
Loaf of Velveeta
Pepper
Salt
Casserole dish

**DO NOT PAM or GREASE THE DISH..Deal w/ the cleanup, it makes it harder to cook it right. Besides, just fill the dish w/ water when you Plastic container it all up and leave it sitting in the sink as a "Welcome Back Home Present" to bring you back to reality.

Brown the meat and season lightly w/ salt in a 12" frypan(remember velveeta has salt in it.) Add in pepper and can of chile verde (good since it's a mild/sweet chile and if you like a little sugar to sweeten, but no more than a tbsp or it'll get too sweet).

Boil up your macaroni, drain, and stir in 1/4-1/2 loaf of velveeta. Slice up the rest to about 12-16 slices. Stir in the meat mix with the half of the macaroni and velveeta mix.

Fill casserole dish up with the half mix of macaroni/velveeta/meat mix. Layer once w/ velveeta slices.

Throw the rest of the macaroni/velveeta on top and finish up layering w/ velveeta slices.

Cook covered @ 350F for 20-30 minutes, then remove foil and brown top and roast the cheese the way we always do (5-8min's @ Broil).

Remove casserole dish and let cool for about 15-20 minutes and enjoy a nice twist on a classic recipe.

This usually gives us enough for 3 dinners, or in classic Shane style, 2 dinners, a cold breakfast and a hot Saturday lunch..hee-hee-hee.