Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about CV angles...

Re: Question about CV angles...

You need a rear locker. That was alot of rear wheel spin, if you had a rear locker you would have walked right through.

Then your 01-02 can have a locked rear and use the a-trac up front which has proven to work well. Not as good as 2 ARB's but well.
    1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra & 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by benp

Check it out
    ouch

Quote Originally Posted by sschaefer3
    Keep in mind that factory Toyota axles are hardened. These cheap aftermarket axles that have recently surfaces are not re manufactured Toyota axles but are new replacements. They are not hardened and not as strong as stock.

I would guess you were spinning pretty good going up the slick rock from my time at Tellico.

i had a feeling the toyota cvs were better than aftermarket ones. i tore the boots on my stockers and bought boot kits for them. i had napa spares, which are in there now, they have held up ok so far but rock season is coming up quick for us in northeast. i might actually change back to the toyota cvs, havent broke one yet, blew a front diff though haha
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Thanks Steve. An rear ARB is defiantly up there next on the mod list...

So do you think the new axle could be making creaking/squeeking noises because its not as strong?? 2005spd do your NAPA replacements make noises when you turn at really sharp angles??

the axles i have dont make noise around corners. the only slight noise i hear in a tight corner is the steering stops sometimes.

i have a napa one on the driver side, toyota one on the pass side. the boots look different. maybe that is the issue your having? the boots arent identical, maybe thats y one is touching or looks different to you?
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Yeah I know the boots look different as I too have a Toyota stock one drivers side and NAPA one on the passenger side.

It only makes noises on really sharp turns. Maybe it just needed to get worn in a little bit. Who knows... I haven't heard the noise a while but I'll keep an ear out for it.

ok, sorry for the delay in getting back to your guys. i talked to steve about this. looks like some limiting straps are in my very near future. i also snapped some quick pics to get your guys opinions. My question is, do you think the pass. side needs to be replaced? I havent tried engaging into 4wd yet. like i said before, nothing seems to be torn/broken...

2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition<br />Old Man Emu : Sonoran Steel : ToyTec : Nitto : Yakima:&nbsp; OEM

everything looks fine from the pics your cv angles are'nt bad at all.
    trd supercharger rear elocker 4.30 gears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12