Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about CV angles...

Question about CV angles...

Ill keep it short and sweet.

I just happened to take a look under the 4Runner yesterday and noticed the "folds" on the passenger side (the first 2 or 3 closest to the wheel) are touching each other, while, even though its close, their not touching on the drivers side. I have the 1" diff drop installed and both angles seem to be the same. Just wondering if thats normal.

I should note that the passenger side is the side of the truck that, ever so lightly, tapped a curb when I slid into it during an ice storm about a month and a half back. The truck has driven fine and the 4x4 seems to work just fine since as well. I did have an alignment afterwards and the shop tech said that everything looked fine. Just looking for some feed back. Thanks!
    2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition<br />Old Man Emu : Sonoran Steel : ToyTec : Nitto : Yakima:&nbsp; OEM

Re: Question about CV angles...

I should add that it could have been like this since it was installed and I'm just noticing it now.
    2002 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition<br />Old Man Emu : Sonoran Steel : ToyTec : Nitto : Yakima:&nbsp; OEM

Call me, I have your answer.
    1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra &amp; 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

I noticed the other day I'm having the same problem. It has worn through in one spot. I actually even changed them a year or so ago to some VW boots (forget part#). They didm't tear like the stock ones, just wore a hole from the friction.
    Uummmm??? I forget.

i dont notice any wear marks or anything like that on mine.
    since iv installed the lift i havent had a chance to do any wheeling so it couldnt have been caused by flexing or any offroad abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by cros
    i dont notice any wear marks or anything like that on mine.
    since iv installed the lift i havent had a chance to do any wheeling so it couldnt have been caused by flexing or any offroad abuse.
    Did you call Steve?
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Yeah I've been having similar issues. I installed the 7.2 kit about a month ago, and then went out wheeling broke a CV trying to climb uphill on slick rock face.

I had the CV replaced with NAPA one and now whenever I take sharp turns in a parking lot at slow speeds, it makes creaking noises. I've read slightly broken ones or CVs on their way out make similar noises? I'm partly frustrated and partly confused on how it a brand new CV could be doing this?

Keep in mind that factory Toyota axles are hardened. These cheap aftermarket axles that have recently surfaces are not re manufactured Toyota axles but are new replacements. They are not hardened and not as strong as stock.

I would guess you were spinning pretty good going up the slick rock from my time at Tellico.

1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra &amp; 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

Wow I was not aware of that. Could this possibly explain why it's making noises? Everything else seems fine. 4wd engages fine (I've haven't taken it wheeling since I broke it) but it's just during slow speed turns that it creaks.

Haha I was actually not at Tellico, I was at a more local place called Sweetwater. I went to climb up a fairly slick rock and I was flexed out in the rear and in the front and ATRAC was trying to do its job when one of the front wheels suddenly caught traction and it snapped. I have a video of it, I'll post it up in a minute...

Check it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast