Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time for a new laptop battery - where to buy

Re: time for a new laptop battery - where to buy

yeah, ive tried full discharging, no difference either way. done by my electrical engineering friend, so i trust him.

as for rebuilding, i might pull apart my dead pack and try it out. if i fail ohwell, if i succeed, w00t!

battery gets here monday, but im stuck at school so i wont get it till at least tues, and more likely friday. ill keep you posted.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yea keep me posted, cause im interested in finding out if its worth it-mine gets ready for it-20 real minutes. Turn on battery power and it just dies..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

my laptop is set to notify me at 10% remaining, and hibernate at 3%. it hits 3% before it hits 10%!!! i get no notification of it, it discharges so fast. i get about 15-20 minutes depending on the programs running/screen brightness, etc.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Your worse than me! Honestly i never expected good batteyr life out of a 17 inch lcd, P4 2.8ghz tho. My pooter is slowing down it seems despite format too, but i chalk that up to the loads of crap i have on it and the 512 memory being eaten away slowly by firefox and xp.

That reminds me, you looked into those eepc's? I thought the offerings from asus were nice but im not spending 400 bucks atm for one till they are out longer and prove ok.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

My dad & I both got new batteries for laptops from those guys:
    http://www.intelligentbatteries.ca/S...op-Battery.asp

Mine is still working fine, about 2 yrs later. Cost me $100.

Not bad imo.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

found some cheap batterys if you get the time to rebuild that pack.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19770

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12