Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Project

Re: New Project

Quote Originally Posted by callmej75
    found a 57 Chevy Bel Air for $900
    Sweet! I love the Bel Air. My bro and I were looking at a '57 2 door wagon (just like a Nomad, but wasn't called a Nomad--I think it was a lower trim level or something). It was way too much work though.

What about buying a FJ40 or FJ60 and putting the motor in that?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

57 bel airs can be cool, but not like a chevelle
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    57 bel airs can be cool, but not like a chevelle
    I agree...I really wanna 55 Bel Air but those aren't priced to sell too quickly.

I am going on Friday and talking to the machine shop for this block and get some info from this 15 yr. veteran racer and drop off the block to him to start the work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Good luck with the block, what kinda numbers are you hoping to get from it?

Around 550...but will settle for 525 or so. If I decide to spray it, which I'm not so sure about, then it will make well over 700. I am pointing towards supercharging it with either a 177 style roots blower...or maybe if I can save on down the line, a 6-71 blower.

Here is a good writeup on a 383 Chevy High Performance documented that put out over 530hp and 506 ft. lbs. torque.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te...ine/index.html

More than enough power dude with even 400+ hp, 500hp is awesome. I would do a supercharger, the spray is cool but can literally kill the engine even if its well built. I am not a fan of the junk.

Yeh it should be....even if I decide to take it to the track and see what it's got. I've had a 450hp 72 Chevelle before that I loved....so i know how that power feels. Just like tattoos...once ya get one...ya always want more!

Yeh the NOS is not really an option here...unless I was an all out racer and this is gonna be on the street most of the time so no need for it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345