Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I install a program from a thumb drive?

Re: How do I install a program from a thumb drive?

We got the Acer AspireOne. Our particular model came with a 160 gig hard drive, 1 gig ram, and a 10.1" screen. Asus makes a netbook that is almost identical, but it was $50 more, so we picked up the Acer instead. We were also close to buying a smaller Asus with the 8.9" screen, but the keyboard was way to small. It's amazing how much the extra inch on this makes so much difference.

Here's the exact model we got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115551

I like it.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Another way to do it in the future is to set up your computers DVD/Cd Drive as a shared drive. When you get on with the netbook map the shared DVD/Cd drive in My Computer.

Next time you want to do anything with a DVD/CD just put it in the Main computer and open up My computer on the netbook and away you go.

I got ahold of about 7 workstation PC's when an office closed. They didn't have any removable media drives on them. So i shared my PC's drives and did it like i explained above.

Kind of like sharing your printer.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

That looks nice Dan, I'm looking for an excuse to upgrade. The original one only has a 7" screen which is ok, but a little more would be nice. I think it's pretty cool that the whole netbook segment is taking off. My 15" laptop has only been out of it's case twice in the last year and a half.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Another way to do it in the future is to set up your computers DVD/Cd Drive as a shared drive. When you get on with the netbook map the shared DVD/Cd drive in My Computer.

Next time you want to do anything with a DVD/CD just put it in the Main computer and open up My computer on the netbook and away you go.

I got ahold of about 7 workstation PC's when an office closed. They didn't have any removable media drives on them. So i shared my PC's drives and did it like i explained above.

Kind of like sharing your printer.
    yup or one of those usb external cd drives would work too!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12