Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YotaFun's Rear Bumper Build

Re: YotaFun's Rear Bumper Build

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun

I think I am going to go a similar route, since I found a gas tank to go in the back and need to cut out the cross member that holds the spare tire mount on so.
    figure out a way to get those lower drag links out of the way and ill love you forever. id like to relocate the gas tank too but id still hammer those stupid drag link mounts all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    figure out a way to get those lower drag links out of the way and ill love you forever. id like to relocate the gas tank too but id still hammer those stupid drag link mounts all the time.
    Just gonna make skids for them, unless I do a custom 4 link in the rear, I think they are stuck there.
    I know what you mean though, the truck seems to always land on them too....

scooter25 is correct, the lil pieces of steel are welded on the nuts for the trailer hitch bolts so when they are tightened and loosened it hits the frame and lets the bolt thread in, instead of having nuts tacked to the inside of the frame.

the lower control arm mounts are there to stay, i say either bash them up to hell like me, weld skids onto them, or cut it all off and put leaf springs under it
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 20005spd
    the lower control arm mounts are there to stay, i say either bash them up to hell like me, weld skids onto them, or cut it all off and put leaf springs under it
    Or do a custom 4-link
    I am just hopping if I weld the cross member for the trailer hitch into the rear of the frame then the frame will be strong enough for me to remove teh cross member that the spare tire mounts on...

our rear link systems work fine. i think a custom one is a waste of money
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 20005spd
    our rear link systems work fine. i think a custom one is a waste of money
    lol no I agree lol
    I was joking.
    Sarcasm, you know haha yeah right like that would ever happen
    I was just saying its another possibility

Hole-ie thread revival Batman (there is a pun in there)

So I never got around to building a bumper and now have a stock bumper that went from solid to Swiss Cheese to being held together by gorilla tape....

I have an my own Idea for the center section but when it comes to the wings I am at a loss, I was considering just keepin the stock wings but I have been driving the 4Runner more lately and just looking at it, I feel like if I am going to do this I want to do this right.

I remember eons ago a template for wings floating around, I believe it was based on BruceTS design, if someone could chime in on this, and if someone has a template to share I would be very grateful if you shared :-)

I've been selling rear bumper plans. Includes all necessary information for building a rear bumper, drawings, CAD files, materials list, and complete build instructions with pictures. This is the bumper, but I can customize it for flare width and body lift height.

PM me if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bandit Runner<br />2002 Sport Edition 4wd<br /><br />Mods:<br />SS 1.2 Lift, 1.5&quot; Body Lift, 315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ&#39;s, Custom Front and Rear Bumpers and Skidplate, Custom Sliders, Eagle Alloy Wheels, Custom Snokel<br /><br />Next:&nbsp; Custom Belly Skid, Custom Roof Rack, Winch, 5.29 Gears, Locker?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12