Thread: 100k miles on 4RUNNER

100k miles on 4RUNNER

My 2002 4runner just hit 100k miles. any recommendations before i get my annual inspection. might as well get everything done at once.

i had the front and rear diff changed when i bought it at 65k miles.

Thanks!
    -Jon
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

Re: 100k miles on 4RUNNER

all i know other then obviously all fluids everywhere are ready to be changed aka radiator flush auto tranny... maybe even break fluid if your up for it.
    timing belt is good till 130k ish i think but may be on the offical list of things to get done now. and the only problem area we have is loose valve cover bolts and leaking rear seals that put the diff fluid in to the drums.

yours is just getting broken in

Congrats dude !!

I just hit 100k in my taco as well..

As far as maintenance, Timing belt should be done at 90k, But i think like troy said can be put off till 130, If it pops the inners of your motor WONT collide and fubar stuff, but you will be stranded..
    With the timing belt its best to do water pump..

Id say do all fluids, plugs/ wires, air filter tire rotation..inspect ball joints and TRE's for ware..

Thats all I can think of at the moment..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

I bought my 4runner in Dec/Jan ('07/'08) with 84K on the clock. Currently it's at 101K.

All I know that was done with it was oil changes and the timing belt. When I got it I did all the fluids (diffs, t-case, tranny and oil). Since then I've done both rear axle seals so the brake fluid has been done as well as rear brake linings and wheel cylinders. Left to do for me is the clutch fluid and coolant.

If I were you and I was planning on keeping the vehicle for at least another 30-50K I would do all the fluids, timing belt and then an overall inspection of things. That way you know it's done and when it was done. If I were you I'd get the information about your inspection and make sure all that stuff is up to par.

My 02 turned 100,000 a few months ago. Here is the list that i did.
    Changed fluids-
    *trans
    *t-case
    *Diffs
    Timing Belt
    Water Pump
    Oil / Cam Seals
    Plugs
    Brakes (Brembo / Hawk)
    Replace Coils / Shocks- (OME)
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

id add to this:

clean throttle body and idle air control valve, MAF, and i would even go so far as to clean the entire intake tract, especially the intake manifold, which has a tendancy to fill with oil from bad PCV valves

replace pcv valve! its cheap and will save you alot of headaches. it just requires you to disassemble a good portion of the top of the engine to get to easily.

replace your plugs and wires (its not that expensive, get the plugs from the dealer, wires from online(dealer wanted like 60 bucks for 3 wires!))

check the condition of your shocks all around, replaces if needed. check rubber bushings and see if they are worn excessively, replacing them can be difficult (front control arms for example) or easy (sway bar bushings)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    My 02 turned 100,000 a few months ago. Here is the list that i did.
    Changed fluids-
    *trans
    *t-case
    *Diffs
    Timing Belt
    Water Pump
    Oil / Cam Seals
    Plugs
    Brakes (Brembo / Hawk)
    Replace Coils / Shocks- (OME)
    How do you Like the Brake combo so far? I did this and like it a lot! It squealed right after the job, but an application of brake quiet fixed that right up!
    1996 SR5 4Runner
    3.4 5speed 4x4 165k

thanks everyone!! i'll keep my 4rruner for a long time!

this list should get me started -

trans
    t-case
    Diffs
    Timing Belt
    Water Pump
    Oil / Cam Seals
    Plugs

how much are we talking to get these done at my local show. Just wanted to get an estimate so i set aside some cash.

-JON
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

Uh, a shop you charge you can arm and a leg. All of this could be done in an apartment carport in a day with basic tools and little know how.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Uh, a shop you charge you can arm and a leg.
    are you drunk? hahah
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com