Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Thread!

Bike Thread!

I know I made one for knives but cannot remember if we ever did one for bikes...

So I guess i'll start off with Raven, my singlespeed playbike...

Re: Bike Thread!

NorCal,

I'm a little bike illerate: whats the attraction with fixies?

It's not a fixie. Just a single speed mountain bike. 10 years ago there were few on the trails, now everyone has one.

I'll have to get better pictures. Right now between the wife and I we have 9 bikes. Road bikes, mountain bikes, single speeds, 29'er and fixies.

My first road bike which I still have and commute on. Actually this photo is old. She's got a king headset now, new wheels, cages, computer, saddle, tires, cassette.

My single speed. This is my trail bike.

Raced it a season.

My main road bike. This is when I first got it so it's changed a bit.

Here's Tammy. One of two bikes I've named. She's been with me the longest and been through it all. Here is from last weeks race. Took second place for the night.

I'll have to get pictures of the others.

Mike I half-expected the obligatory cross bike to also be in the stable. Bob, like Mike said, mine's a singlespeed, and yeah, there's more people on them now. The attraction for me with the singlespeed is simplicity and utility, not to mention the skillset needed to operate one. The same can be said of a fixie, but more so..Everything is in a fixed motion, as in there is no freewheel and thus, no ability to coast. Imagine now you're in a big city and use your bike for work or transportation, would some lowlife be able to steal and ride away on it? Nope, it does make for a great laugh though having seen a lowlife try it and get bucked straight to the pavement before we figured out what was happening and took the bike back while he ran away bleeding. Owner came out like 5 minutes later and we all laughed.

Oh, and this is Sweet Pea My commuter/paved trail bike..

No cross bike any more. I sold it because I was basically using it for mountain biking and not having as much fun. It was a great bike and I liked it but didn't use it the way I had intended. I was looking through some old pictures the other day and ran across it, it was pretty good looking. I owned it for 2 years and sold it for what I paid for it.

L to R
    2006 Rocky Mountain Element 70 full suspension
    1999 Rocky Mountain Oxygen Race hardtail
    1996 Diamond Back WCF2.0 ("welded carbon fiber") hardtail

You can just see the evolution here...from the gumwall tires , Rockshox, wrapped barends and brake beefers on the 1996 bike to the latest technology. The new bike is lighter than all of them, even with full suspension and hydraulic disc brakes.

I have an older trek 930 all set up, way old school mtn bike these days tho. Moved from a place with tons of mtns/trails to an area with only flat land.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Navigator

No good pics of mine right now... ill try to get a few either tomorrow or the next day... (they are covered in dust right now because of where i live)
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    I have an older trek 930 all set up, way old school mtn bike these days tho.
    I've a trek 930 too! (1994? it's blue)
    And an 830 (1991)with anodized blue longjohns and those odd oval chainrings- Biopace, that's it.
    And the Fisher Supercaliber (1996)
    And the Cannondale Mtn Tandem (2006)
    And the Raliegh road bike

There's a bunch more in the garage, but the above are mine.

'96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

I used to have a Huffy Sledgehammer exactly like the one Pedro rode in Napoleon Dynamite.

I had a fixie back in the late 80s while I was in Philippines too. Fun bike.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast