Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picking rims out

Picking rims out

Deciding on some rims for a birthday gift to myself. and Im pretty hooked on two rims

Im really liking this rim. always been up for the 5 spoke rims. but more expensive. With shipping and handling its... $324

Im feeling this rim too because with shipping and handling its 220ish.

Looking for peoples opinions on which rim to buy outta these two. gimme whatcha think.

these rims are going on my 4runner.
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

Re: Picking rims out

i have a similar set of the 2nd pic in chrome made by mickey thompson on my t100 and i love them.

I vote 2nd pic, the 8 hole
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

i personally favor option 2, and i almost bought those. opted instead for the 72 dollar (at the time, now they are 80) black steelies. havent been disappointed by them.

if youre offroading with them, the will get scratched up, i have a fair amount of rock rash on mine. just comes with the hobby. so i personally drop big bucks on bling thats going to get scratched up.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I thought everyone would definitely say the 5 spokers.

and i did the math on the 8 holes. i would spend $159 dollars out the door with shipping and handling. and they also have 4 inches of offset with a 15x8 rim. sound like a good deal compared to the $324 15x8 3.75 offset 5 spokes?
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It&#39;s Modified.

I'm leaning towards opt 2 also, always liked those rims (so many diff companies have them).
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Navigator

i have option 2... and personally i love them...

They are dirty in this pic, but thats how they are gonna be usually anyway
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Yeah I think im gonna go with the 8 holes. its hard to pass up a deal at 40 dollars a rim, plus im gonna end up scratching them up anyway, right? Plus i like they way they look on that white 4runner

Navigator

ya they are definitely nice rims... and i love how they look on my white runner too ^_^... where are you getting them from? i bought mine at Summit Shipped to my door for $182.74 with nice chrome valve stems... would have saved probably $8 if i had gone with the cheap rubber ones, but i wanted it to look good, and be slightly stronger...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I'll be getting them from summit as well. but im gonna go with the black rubber stems. Im in the process of removing all the chrome off my truck. I'll be getting them around the middle of May, as well.

Heres a little update Rims on the truck. bad cell phone pictures, but yeah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast