Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm an Appleseed Rifleman

Re: I'm an Appleseed Rifleman

Don't forget the GI sling. I'd also recommend a set of thin elbow pads as my elbows were getting pretty raw by the end of the 2nd day.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Don't forget the GI sling. I'd also recommend a set of thin elbow pads as my elbows were getting pretty raw by the end of the 2nd day.
    Elbow pads??!! Wimp! We don't need no stinkin' elbow pads!

Oh wait, I forgot, you probably drove the Miata there, so yeah, you might need pads.
    My signature

Hey, I heard you needed knee pads...oh wait, that was a different "event"...
    Steve

Now we know what the safety glasses were for.
    My signature

That was the most fun i have had shooting in along time.

I don't have a lot of rifle experience but i held my own.

The beginning of the course i had 3 in the 100yd, 2 in the 200 yd, 3 in the 300 yd, 2 in the 400 yd, and just barely missed the head shot at 250 yds.

The end of the day i had 1 in the 100 (kind of rushed it), 3 in the 200 yd, if you use the .30 cal rule i had 3 in the 300yd, 3 in the 400, and you can call the guy i head shot lefty if he lived.

on the first qual run i pulled a 194, and the second one i was almost going to break 200 when the girl next to me ejected a brass right on my support arm so i ended up shooting a 3 the last shot. for a 199.

Am sure i could pull a 210 or better if i could go tomorrow, but i cant................

Going back to do a Sunday qual all day shoot in Aug. Who wants to go?

Wow I need to clean that Mirror !
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Nice Reg, it's pretty fun, huh.

What rifle did you use?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    ...but Steve, i betcha didn't leave your well worn knee pads at home

I used my handy dandy 10/22

Pretty much stock except for the stock and Scope. Took 5 of my butler creek mags with.

After i got back i stopped by the Gunsmith. Very cool guy stayed open 2.5 hrs late so i could come by and pick this up

Was talking with me about shooting CMP matches with it. Sounds like fun to me.

Knee pads we don't need no stinking knee pads.

I shot the whole day in shorts and a t shirt. Picked up an inexpensive shooters mat from sportsman's guide and was all good. calves got a little sun but no biggie.

That mat actually helped, knew i was in the right spot as i had made indentations in it with my elbows.

Anyone who hasn't gone should go out and give it a shot.

get it a shot.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

How did the leather sling work out? Pretty easy to transition from loop sling to hasty sling?
    Steve

I just ran it as a hasty.

To do the loop you just un hook the one end and make the loop. My gun smith showed me how to do it, but i figured i wanted to run it like i would hunting, so i stayed with the hasty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast