Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm an Appleseed Rifleman

Re: I'm an Appleseed Rifleman

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    I just ran it as a hasty.

To do the loop you just un hook the one end and make the loop. My gun smith showed me how to do it, but i figured i wanted to run it like i would hunting, so i stayed with the hasty.
    They didn't teach you that in squiddy basic?

Seriously though, looks like they are teaching very similar to how the Marines learn to shoot in bootcamp.
    My signature

Nope.

They didn't have enough time to fit that in along with the all the leatherneck ego deflation training that we had to undertake.

So the mighty marine corp used the AQT?

the Army Qualification Test?

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Nope, we didn't use no AQT. Is that what the army and the appleseeds use?Are you shooting everything in the prone? Army doesn't qual out to 500yds.

What you are doing is very similar to how we zeroed in our rifles in prep for the range. It's cool stuff and I definately miss going to the range. Don't really miss qual week all that much though.
    My signature

You do 100 yds standing

200 yds from standing to sitting

300 yds from standing to prone

400 yds slow fire prone.

Fun stuff. I'm definitely going back in Aug, and will probably volunteer for them too.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    It's cool stuff and I definately miss going to the range.
    You have no excuse. The range is right down the road from you and they even do appleseed there.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    ...but Steve, i'll let you borrow my well worn knee pads
    I think I'll pass Bob. Thanks though.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    It's cool stuff and I definately miss going to the range.
    You have no excuse. The range is right down the road from you and they even do appleseed there.
    I know, I need to get some fun guns to shoot. Heck, I need to get A gun to shoot! Although not much is going to compare to firing the .50 cal and 40MM that I used to get to fire all the time.
    My signature

Nice mini 14! You shoot it yet? Im curious cause the old ones had horrible accuracy due to barrel harmonics.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

nope just got it saturday after the Appleseed shoot.

I am going to get it sighted in and probably do CMP matches with it.

^ now that bill ruger died and isnt in control of the company you can actually buy some factory (READ AS THEY WORK FFS) mags from ruger!

Get an aimpoint btw-well worth it.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast