Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seanz0rz's interior mods

Re: Seanz0rz's interior mods

nice! brings back memories of when i made a console for my '87 pickup after the bench was torn out and replaced with camry buckets. constructed out of 3/4" pine... i, too, had to have cupholders and settled on woofer ports. the beverage would just rest on the floor. maybe i have a pic of that beaut... well, maybe there's one on the other computer. i'll have to check at a later date. the ports were something like this:
    http://www.supplierlist.com/photo_im...for_Woofer.jpg

of course, that was amateur, while this is something i wouldn't exactly consider "amateur"... again, nice work sir.
    1996 SR5 4Runner
    3.4 5speed 4x4 165k

Re: Seanz0rz's interior mods

opening an old thread, but i see no better place to put this.

some will remember my previous stereo install:

well, in the 3 years since that was installed i have outgrown the need for a bitchin stereo. the amps always got in my way when loading my vehicle, and the sub box took up a bit of room (although very efficient in its utilization of space). it was time for a change.

i removed my sub box, and two amplifiers, and fitted another amp i had sitting in storage. i wanted to impact the cargo as little as possible. under the front seats was not an option as i use that space to store extra bolts, bulbs, first aid kits, etc. i chose to use the right rear quarter as my mounting place, seeing as i wouldnt miss the box (the box has been long gone with the install of the sub box). i simply bolted my amp to the interior panel using #8 machine screws and nylon standoffs:

plenty of room to breath, and i will find the door to it, someday!

trying to keep this thread up to date with all my modifications. thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345