Thread: Radio Antenna ad nauseum...

Radio Antenna ad nauseum...

SO.... the day has come. I was just thinking the other day, "how lucky am I!? the antenna still works nearly 100% for me..." eating those words now. Got home tonight, shut the truck off, and welcome to broken antenna actuator land. First thoughts- I've just been WAITING for this time to come to replace with the black tacoma whip. tomorrow i've got to disconnect the antenna power from the stereo.
    on TOF, they've recently brought up using the glass antenna with an adaptor. but, i still have yet to find the antenna-(can't see it, and i've LOOKED- pass. side, right?) that'd be a cheap CLEAN fix.

Just thought I'd post and let ya'll know I'm now in the club at 139k miles!
    1996 SR5 4Runner
    3.4 5speed 4x4 165k

Re: Radio Antenna ad nauseum...

that glass antenna wont get as good of reception as your fender mount did. it is the thin (defroster style) metal wire on the inside of the right rear glass. just around the perimeter.

i have the taco whip after i broke the bracket to the stock power antenna (spot weld failed on the inner fender)

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Go with the Taco whip, one of the better mods I did to mine IMHO.

Soon I will do the whip.

Who was it that put his CB antenna in the stock position? Obviously doesn't help the radio, but a clean install regardless.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Nice. thanks for the link, Mike. I think my 4' firestik would look funny there...probably not too sturdy either. (Plus, I like where it mounts now in the tailgate gutter.) Yea- I'm thinking I'll just do the whip mod and be done with it. I'm a firm believer in "do it right the first time". probably comes from the parental units...

what's with the family guy, scuba? i must have missed something- though, i DO approve of any family guy references!
    1996 SR5 4Runner
    3.4 5speed 4x4 165k

wHip
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.