Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help Me Plan for My Summer Expedition!

Re: Help Me Plan for My Summer Expedition!

actually i hauled it home like that from pomona, and didnt see any noticiable hit on the fuel economy.

also stacked on the roof will be fuel cans and a bunch of other crap, so im not to worried about how it looks.

i do have a question. for those of you with a roof top box of any kind, how do you keep the humidity down inside? mine seems to be very moist.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Don't put wet sleeping bags in there. Should help cut down on the humidity.

Edit: Just noticed that you plan on putting the tent next to the case. Shouldn't the tent go IN the case, if there's any chance of rain, like in Oregon or something? Putting up a wet tent is NOT fun.

My signature

yeah tent might go inside. for sure the folding camp chairs will go on the side, not sure what else yet. dad is still not convinced we can get everything in, so im going to have to dry pack AGAIN and show him (he didnt feel like coming out side on saturday when i was doing it)

i think i am litterally going to pack everything, and then just move it into the spare room in the house and keep it there until late june.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Just watch for low branches.
    just mount a plate of some kind to the front rail of the basket that will lean back on the missile box (bungee it to the back of the basket), that way it will deflect any low branches up over the box... JM2C
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345