Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic designers, need some help designing a tattoo

Graphic designers, need some help designing a tattoo

I'm going for that, nothing too big, no 'fat' letters.

I like the idea of the 'carved into marble' look, perhaps a few cracks.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Graphic designers, need some help designing a tattoo

No one, really? I think I might head in this weekend and talk to an artist to see what we can come up with.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

What does that say?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

It's in his sig, I've always thought it looked like Moron Abe.

I dont know Abe is, but I bet he doesnt appreciate name calling.

Seriously though:

The Greek phrase Molōn labe! , meaning "Come and take them!", is a classical expression of defiance reported by Plutarch in response to the Persian Army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons. It corresponds roughly to the modern equivalent English phrase "over my dead body", "bring it on" or, most closely, "come and get it". It is an exemplary use of a laconic phrase.

The motto ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ is on the emblem of the Greek First Army Corps, and is also the motto of United States Special Operations Command Central (SOCCENT).The expression Come and take it was a slogan in the Texas Revolution.

In the Anglosphere, both the original Greek phrase and its English translation are often heard from pro-gun activists as a defence of the right to keep and bear arms.

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco

In the Anglosphere, both the original Greek phrase and its English translation are often heard from pro-gun activists as a defence of the right to keep and bear arms.

Dude, get out the metal coat hanger and some pliers, start bending letters, get the torch...

No need for a tattoo artist
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Dude, get out the metal coat hanger and some pliers, start bending letters, get the torch...

No need for a tattoo artist
    You first

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    It's in his sig, I've always thought it looked like Moron Abe.
    Thats what I thought on first glance.
    Philip<br />-90 2Dr 4runner<br />www.cootees.net

Quote Originally Posted by oly884

bigger may show the effects you want.

where you putting it? across your belly?
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by surf4runner
    Quote Originally Posted by oly884

bigger may show the effects you want.

where you putting it? across your belly?
    On my back, right shoulder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast