Thread: Tony Bennett for a dictatorship?

Tony Bennett for a dictatorship?

Apparently so, if it aligns with only 'his views'

Tony Bennett: Americans Should Support Anything Obama Wants
    Friday, May 01, 2009
    By Nicholas Ballasy, Video Reporter

(CNSNews.com) - Grammy-award winning musician Tony Bennett told CNSNews.com he “loves everything” Barack Obama has done in his first 100 days as president and thinks every American should “give him all-out support for anything he wants to do.”

Bennett further said that Americans should imitate the other countries of the world that support Obama. “I really hope that every citizen of the United States would imitate the rest of the world because they’re all for Obama,” said Bennett. “Every other country adores what happened – in our great country – to have him as president.”

Bennett’s comments were made at the National Portrait Gallery where he presented the Smithsonian Museum with a portrait he painted of the late jazz legend Duke Ellington, commemorating his 110th birthday on April 29.

“I love everything he’s done and everything he’s doing,” Bennett said of Obama. “I think we should give him all-out support for anything he wants to do. We should all help. He’s giving our country back to us, and that’s the laws of the land – the citizens own the country.”

When asked if there is anything specific Obama has done that he likes, Bennett noted Obama’s speaking skills.

“First of all, I think he’s one of the great orators of all time,” said Bennett. “I was impressed with Governor Cuomo and Martin Luther King and the way they spoke, and he [Obama] is so intelligent, and he’s such a great orator.

“He has such a great way of communicating, and his thoughts and his philosophies are just astounding,” said Bennett. “He’s impressing the rest of the world. I wish that everybody in America would realize that we really have a great president.”

Bennett, 82, also spoke with CNSNews.com about the significance of his choice to donate his painting of Duke Ellington to the Smithsonian Museum.

“Well, in my life, I mean, it’s the greatest honor I’ve ever received, having this painting in the Smithsonian,” said Bennett, who has donated two other paintings to the Smithsonian.

“It’s reaching the top of the line, and it’s something I never planned on,” he said. “I didn’t have an ambition of ever being in the Smithsonian and to have it happen will just inspire me for the rest of my life – to just keep improving and keep growing. It’s a wonderful moment for me.”

Bennett told the audience during the presentation of his painting that the roses in the portrait positioned behind Ellington symbolized the dozen roses Ellington would send Bennett every time he composed a new song. Bennett said Ellington gave him one piece of advice about songwriting he will never forget.

“He told me, ‘When you make a song, make sure it doesn’t sound like any one else’s,’” said Bennett.

Bennett’s painting of Duke Ellington is available for the public to view in the new arrivals section of the National Portrait Gallery.

Tony Bennett is a 15-time Grammy-award winning musician and a two-time Emmy Award winner. He has sold more than 70 million albums worldwide. The biggest hits among Bennett’s 30 singles that have appeared on the Billboard Charts include “The Best Is Yet to Come" and "I Left My Heart In San Francisco."
    Link: http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=47462

All those who said "Those ignorant right wing kooks just follow what ever George Bush says...."

And this would be different how?

It amazes me that the same people who said those things are doing exactly what they condemned people for. Hypocrisy runs thick in the United States. If the last 8 years +100 days has taught me, is to be wary of ANY government and any form of control, regardless of political sides.

Sorry Mr. Bennett, you're a moron, and you are the exact type of person that is destroying this country.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Tony Bennett for a dictatorship?

Oh, and before anyone tries to say that "well, that's not a dictatorship"

How does every American GIVING Obama complete support on everything not equate to a dictatorship?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

So Tony Bennett is also an idiot?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

We are a nation influenced and governed by fools....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

tony bennett!!! what a moron does anybody think anymore? Bush was just a socilaist with an R in front of his political resume... thats why it pisses me off when i hear, well bush did......
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Relatively recently, some celebrity was asked a political question and responded with something like "I get paid to make movies, what difference does it make what I have to say about politics?" I thought that was remarkable but am bummed I cannot remember who it was.

Lance Armstrong said he did not publicize his political views because they were his. Cancer, drug use on the bike and cycling were all more important than what he thought and suggested only that people vote.

For the record, I don't think blind support of anything at all benefits anyone, particularly doing so just because a celebrity tells me I ought to. Hypocrisy, blind faith and a general absence of personal, critical assessment is prevalent in most aspects of modern life and I resent it.

Good find David.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Good posting Cheese....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM